Thread: Calling on the NAVY - Kisby Ring display case

Calling on the NAVY - Kisby Ring display case

I'm going to hang a kisby ring in a Legion museum and I want to put it in a display case. (less chance of it disappearing again) I'm thinking why make a square box, what about round. Question - has anyone seen one displayed - what are your thoughts on the subject?

Ron

Blog Entries
    I've sen a few life rings displayed and generally they are either displayed in the open on a hanger or on a hanger inside a square cabinet. If you are going to have any information about the ring as part of the display you will need to consider where to place it. Making a round case would be more of a challenge I'm sure, but it may not be as practical as a square or rectangular case.

In the Navy, we always kept ours on hangers where they were accessible in case they were needed.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hitchcock View Post
    I'm going to hang a kisby ring in a Legion museum

Ron
    And send land lubbers to their search engine of choice

Any way you could affix it to a stanchion with a hanger? When we stationed the maneuvering watch, or were in port, on the submarine, they were brought topside and put on stanchions that were screwed into the deck.
    I've never seen one in a display case, but I would imagine it would look nice in one.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Time is a factor, so I will go with the square cabinet. I will post the picture when completed. Thanks for the input.

Ron, you might think about an octagon cabinet. A little more time consuming than a square case but much easier than a round one.