View Poll Results: Hate spam?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hate spam with a passion.

49 92.45%
  • Nope, I love spam. I use it to fine tune my Bayesian filtering heuristics.

1 1.89%
  • Spam? I thought that was a canned meat product.. Young whippersnapper, you.

3 5.66%

Thread: Spam in Private Messages

Exclamation Spam in Private Messages

All,

I have had a few reports of people signing up with accounts and sending out spam through either the private message (PM) system or the SawmillCreek email system. (I've had <5 reported cases of this in all these years).

Note: Your actual email address isn't exposed to the spammer unless you respond.

Please forward to me (via email) any Spam received through the Private Message system so I can take action. Anyone caught spamming is IMMEDIATELY made in to a "Guest" status--it will not be tolerated at all.

Again, please copy and paste any PMs that contain SPAM or other COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING (and who they're from) to webmaster@sawmillcreek.org. Please don't forward them to me through the Private Messaging system, as my inbox will become full with a quickness.

For regular posts or threads containing commercial advertising, simply use the "Report Post to Moderator" icon at the top right of each post. (The little red yield sign)

Thanks!

_Aaron_
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

"Bayesian filtering heuristics"...you should be ashamed of yourself for using language like that in a "family-friendly" forum. What were you thinking?!?

Aaron, thank you for the message regarding spam. I have not received any as of yet, but I am sure that it is coming! Unforutnately, it is not very difficult to do on ANY forum... And there are plenty out there that profit off of it.
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    "Bayesian filtering heuristics"...you should be ashamed of yourself for using language like that in a "family-friendly" forum. What were you thinking?!?
    Ahh! Ya got me! It slipped! Promise! I'm so embarassed..
    _Aaron_

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl
    Ahh! Ya got me! It slipped! Promise! I'm so embarassed..
    I should hope so...haven't seen anything like that since I was in college and got slapped for referring to a female freshman drama student as a "matriculating thespian".

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    I should hope so...haven't seen anything like that since I was in college and got slapped for referring to a female freshman drama student as a "matriculating thespian".
    Sigh.. That reminds me of a neat library (gasp!) book I read back in '99 called Doublespeak. I'd paste a link, but a search for the book turned up 1558 results; and I don't remember which one it was..
    _Aaron_