Thread: Columbus, OH woodturning??

Columbus, OH woodturning??

My wife wants to go to Columbus in September. Any suggestions on woodturning related things to do besides going to Woodcraft? (i.e. exhibitions, woodturning classes, suppliers, etc)

I may have time on Thursday Sept 15th or Friday16th. But the weekend we will be headed up to Canton to visit family.

Thanks
    Ricc Havens
    Elkhart, IN
    Last edited by Ricc Havens; 08-17-2016 at 10:53 AM.

When I visit Columbus I try to stop in Woodwerks http://thisiswoodworking.com/our-store

Michael

You're welcome to visit my place. I've just gotten so much Osage I'll never use it all. I'll send some with you!
    Ridiculum Ergo Sum

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Lux View Post
    You're welcome to visit my place. I've just gotten so much Osage I'll never use it all. I'll send some with you!
    Scott, thanks for the offer! If I can convince the wife ahead of time that I need some guy time I will let you know. Would love to get some Osage Orange. Not a lot of it around me. Had a couple small pieces last year. It was hard but I liked the way it sanded and took a finish.

She plans on going to the Country Living Magazine Expo/Craft fair at Ohio Village. I know what you are thinking - "grow a pair and just tell her what I plan to do and take some guy time." Well, she works full time and is back in school taking a year full class load on year round schooling at a local college to get her Bachelor's in Nursing degree. She's been working and studying hard. So, I am making sure she enjoys her vacation and break between classes even if it means "yes Dear, whatever you want to do or wherever you want to go". Depending on what she buys at the Fair/Expo there may not be any room for wood in the car

Ricc

Bump for the weekend crowd. Any other suggestions?

thanks
    Ricc