Thread: Need RDCam/LaserWork 5.021

Need RDCam/LaserWork 5.021

Does anyone have an installer for LaserWork/RDCam 5.021?

A few months back I installed a new version of LaserWork and my cutter has not worked properly since then. At the beginning of a job the laser head will randomly jerk about 1 to 3 inches left or right on the x-axis before starting to engrave or cut. After this initial dislocation the instrument cuts and engraves perfectly fine. I have checked and re-checked all of the mechanical workings of the laser (belts, tension, pulleys, teeth, steppers) and the power supply and they all seem to be in order. I tried to roll back to RDCam version 5.027 (available on the Ruida website), but that didn't solve the matter. I would like to see if rolling back to the original (5.021) will fix things but I can no longer find my install disk.

The cutter is a Chinese Artsign 6030.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Mason
    Last edited by Mason Atom; 08-15-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason Atom View Post
    Does anyone have an installer for LaserWork/RDCam 5.021?

A few months back I installed a new version of LaserWork and my cutter has not worked properly since then. At the beginning of a job the laser head will randomly jerk about 1 to 3 inches left or right on the x-axis before starting to engrave or cut. After this initial dislocation the instrument cuts and engraves perfectly fine. I have checked and re-checked all of the mechanical workings of the laser (belts, tension, pulleys, teeth, steppers) and the power supply and they all seem to be in order. I tried to roll back to RDCam version 5.027 (available on the Ruida website), but that didn't solve the matter. I would like to see if rolling back to the original (5.021) will fix things but I can no longer find my install disk.

The cutter is a Chinese Artsign 6030.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Mason
    Why not try going forward instead of back - RDCam is available in various version 3,4,5,6, 7 and 8 iterations.There is a facebook page called "rdworks" which has lots of them in their files section for downloading- Give it a try.
    Bill Carruthers, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
    Shenhui G350- 60W; + Hengchunyuan 1300x900 100W EFR , CNC router 40x60, Lightburn fan, RDCam , Coreldraw 12, Photograv 3, Scroll saw, and not enough time to play with all of them!