Thread: Bandsaw Blades

Bandsaw Blades

We just bought a Minimax 20" Bandsaw which should be arriving shortly. Thank you to Erik for his help, I would recommend working with him to anyone looking. I am looking for recommendations for blades from those with experience with similar machines.

For use I would like a top quality re-saw blade and a blade for cutting curves. For re-sawing, material height will vary between 4"-12", will one blade do that range. For curves, nothing will be too "tight" mostly cutting cedar 6x material for corbels and brackets. Other than that we will use the saw for tapered rips etc.

Thank you,

I like "Supercut" blades for re-sawing. I use their 1/2" carbide blades. For scroll work, I use their 3/16" blade. Mine is a 14" saw.
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

I must insert a word of caution about Supercut. While their blades are acceptably sharp, all the blades I have ever gotten from them have broken at the weld. They do have a return policy whereby you can return blades for re-welding but, for me, their customer service was unacceptably poor. In one instance, I never got my blades back.

I have been using their blades for about six years now and never had one break.
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

I've started using Timber wolf blades again.They have a good variety and the welds have been very good.
    A 178 inch 3/4wide2/3 Tooth Variable postitive claw. Sets me back 54 dollars.Its a very good blade.
    I also used Lenox Woodmaster Ct but have no need for carbide tips right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Finn View Post
    I have been using their blades for about six years now and never had one break.
    I have been using Supercut for at least as long as you Jim and also have never had one break.

Another vote for a Supercut blade.

I just put a 1" - 1.3 tpi Lennox Woodmaster CT on my Grizzly G0636X and it resaws and slices veneer beautifully, as you can see below on a 6" wide piece of RO. Effortless cutting and amazingly smooth surfaces. I've cut from 4 - 12" with it so far with equally impressive results. The best price I found for it was at Spectrum Supply. I paid about $150 with shipping for a 162" blade. Very good service and the weld was excellent.

John

If you would like to save money, just go to your local shop that sharpens blades, and have them order some blades for you. The shop I went to used to make up their own blades, but went to ordering from another shop. They run very smooth, and cost much less than the prices I see posted.