Thread: Toys for Childrens hospitals.

Toys for Childrens hospitals.

Our woodworkers club makes over 5200 toys each year that we donate to two local children’s hospitals and to the Ronald McDonald house and The Salvation Army. Mostly cars and trucks and some animal figures. Mostly for toddlers. I thought to make some for older kids that could use it in their hospital bed. This is an unfinished box made of 1/4” plywood and ripped 2×4s. Masonite or paneling will also work. I made it 7” x 10 1/2” O.D. to fit one half of a standard sheet of printer paper on which I printed suitable images to be colored by the kids. Included is a box of crayons that I purchased at Walmart for 25 cents for a box of 24 colors. ( I bought one hundred of them) I have made 30 boxes so far and in each, along with the crayons, I put sixteen 1/2 sheets to color. Printed them on both sides using my laser printer giving them 32 various images to color. The child will be able to color the pages with hinged lid closed and use the box as a small tablet on their lap.
    Total cost of materials is $1.17 for wood, hinges, paper and crayons. Fun to make.Coloring book box.jpgColoring book box closed.jpg
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

What a great idea!

It's not always about "us" or "customers".

I love it when people or organizations do this type of work.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

I really like this. Thanks for showing it to us!
    Fred

Excellent! It is inspiring to experience someone doing good deeds.