Thread: Has anyone actually had the Windows 10 Anniversity Update become available yet?

Blog Entries

Has anyone actually had the Windows 10 Anniversity Update become available yet?

Just wondering. I know it has not been offered on my PCs yet.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Not here. I understand you can go to the Microsoft site and get it if you're anxious to get it. I plan to wait until it gets some "outside time" (outside of Microsoft) before I install it. What I have is working fine.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I updated the Win10 VM on my iMac yesterday evening. It doesn't come up as available for the Win10 VM on my MBPr that I use for work.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I got it two days ago on my Laptop, but not on my Desktop yet.

But if you go to Settings > Updates, there's a link that opens a webpage where you can get it. I'm on Windows 7 here right now, but it's something like "more info" right below the check for updates button.
    Gerry

JointCAM

When I went into the Settings->Update panel and clicked "Check for Updates" it downloaded the Anniversary update and installed it when I restarted. Two minor things that bugged me were: my wallpaper settings were reset and my custom keyboard mappings in the registry were reset. Other than that, it seems to be working well enough. Running Win10 Pro on my desktop, but I didn't check to see if my Win10 Home laptop picked up the update yet.

I had never even heard of the Anniversary Update until I saw this thread. I did a little research and I'm not sure I want this update based on what I read. It seems like QA on this update may not have been the best and it causes various annoyances for some users.