I am going to be in the market for a new laser and am considering the Trotec Speedy 360 80W, ULS PLS6.1501D dual 75W, or the ULS ILS12.150D dual 75W. I have just recently been informed of Trotec so I am not entirely familiar with the options for their lasers. I have read through the various posts discussing and comparing the two companies’ lasers. The reason I am posting is because it seems as though most of them revolve around engraving (surprise, surprise. It is the engraver section after all). I do a few jobs that involve engraving, but most of my work involves around cutting, either partial or full depth, various materials and thicknesses. I’m not sure what is considered tight tolerances in everybody else’s world, but I have some jobs that require +/-.005”. I was told that the ILS with its 24x40 bed will hold a tolerance of +/-.008”-.010” across the entire bed area. Like stated earlier, I cut a lot of different materials and here is a small list of them: VHB, acrylic, Lexan, Viton, Poron, Kapton, Formex, fish paper, HDPE, and Nomex. I currently am using an Epilog Mini 40W to process these materials. I was at an event a few months ago and was impressed with ULS PLS and its capabilities. While doing research on that particular machine I stumbled across this website and this is where I found out about Trotec. I have only been in the industry for 14 months, but I feel as though I have an average or slightly better than average understanding of laser processing. I was hoping to get some guidance from people with more experience than myself in which direction might be best for me. I do understand that I have to take the information I receive for face value as not everybody uses their respective machines for the same projects/processes. I appreciate any advice given.

P.S. I apologize for the jumping around of information in my post.

Thanks,
Jared