Thread: Deckbuilder gets cabinet job with established client.....fun!!

Deckbuilder gets cabinet job with established client.....fun!!

A few years back, I got a job building a deck at a client's home. He asked if I had ever built cabinets and I said yes, but only custom solid wood and cabinet grade plywood. I got the job building his office built ins. Fast forward ten years and I got a call to come see about redoing their master bedroom and bathroom. the result was three months of work for me covering all the walls in the bedroom with T&G pine, building maple and eastern red cedar wardrobe cabinets, king sized bed pedestal with drawers, wall cabinets behind the bed, maple crown molding and in the bathroom, a custom vanity top made from cedar slabs I cut on the sawmill. Sure was a fun project to be able to build and they are very happy.

20160609_160255.jpg
    20160616_163724.jpg
    20160617_101751.jpg
    Texas Red's Sawmill
    Kelly Hanna Woodworks
    Elmo [East of Terrell], Texas

That a great job, you should be very proud

Kelly, that's really great work...and "very you". Congrats on a job well done!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I can smell it now. And looks great too! The contrast is really nice. I might just make something with cedar, just for the smell.
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.