Thread: Orion Service an A+

Orion Service an A+

A word on service. I got my new Craftsman 22124 a few weeks ago, so far has been a great saw, good quality, a nickel stands on edge at all four corners with NO movement, cut 8/4 maple with no problems, dust collection is very good, and love the Bessy fence.

That said, I called Orion, I had a few issues (3) The blade insert was not perfectly level, the right extension wing ( I could feel where it joined, unlike the left ) , and I did ask if they had any longevity problems with the new style belt.

The results were, they are sending me a new extension wing, a new insert, and even a new belt to ease my concerns. Then offered to contact Sears and have them install the extension.<O

I may never use the new extension, The framing squire I used shows it as level, I even told them that, but I can FEEL it, and they still wanted to send the new one, there words were if you ever feel you need it you will have it.<O

To me, that is service, plus, no voice mail, no push #? To talk to, a real live person answered my call. They were great!<O
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Ain't it GREAT to get a Human Being answering the phone!

I HATE Telephone Company Menus!!!!!!

Bruce

That is great to hear Scott. I've been pleased with my Craftsman 22124, it has done everything I've asked it to, and for the money is a good saw. I particularly like the outfeed table, and it worked great when incorporating the router table.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=23852
    Tony

Hi,

Bruce- yes it is, 2nd. ring and I could understand them !

Tony- I saw your table when you first posted it, put it on my list of things to do, (very Looong list) and I too think the saw is a great value, just a good thing the wood does not know it 's a Craftsman and not a Uni !
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott