Thread: Does Grizzly Ever Have Site-Wide Sales? Thinking About Buying A G1071 OSS.

Question Does Grizzly Ever Have Site-Wide Sales? Thinking About Buying A G1071 OSS.

Does Grizzly do annual discount sales like Jet and Powermatic, or any other sales that might discount a 'larger" tool like their G1071 floor standing oscillating spindle sander? I'm thinking of picking one up but want to wait until it goes on sale if they ever do.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I have never seen a site wide sale. They usually send out a summer and fall sale flyer. You never know what is going to be on sale. They sued to send out 10% off coupons through email or magazine subscriptions. I don't think I have heard of any of the 10% coupons this year though.

Nope. They occasionally give 10% coupons along with magazines but I haven't seen one in a while nor heard chatter on any forums.

If you sign up online on their email list, occasionally they will send you shipping discounts like $25 off shipping.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Ben,

I went to the Grizzly website to see if there were any discounts. They have a current online sales catalogue there and would you believe, the G1071 is currently on sale?

Here's a link: http://www.grizzly.com/spring-sale

on the left scroll down to sanders and select.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 07-11-2016 at 4:16 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I have one of these machines, branded King (I am in Canada). Have not had any of the issues you can find on line, such as spindle getting jammed in and people can't get it off. It is true that the "wrenchs" that come with it are low quality, and not very good. Biggest issue I have had is that it is very hard sometimes to change sleeves. Often almost impossible right after using the sleeve on the spindle. Tried cornstarch, rolling it under a board I am standing on etc. Have to use the freezer trick sometimes, so changing grits can be a pain. All in all though, a good machine. Glad I got it.
    Mike

Thanks everyone, what youve told me is pretty much what I expected to hear. I have never seen much in the way of big sales/deals from them other than some minor shipping discounts either. I was just kinda hoping there was something I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Ben,

I went to the Grizzly website to see if there were any discounts. They have a current online sales catalogue there and would you believe, the G1071 is currently on sale?

Here's a link: http://www.grizzly.com/spring-sale

on the left scroll down to sanders and select.
    Thanks Ken, yes I had seen that the G1071 was on sale, I was just hoping for more off than $39. But I guess thats better than nothing.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!