Thread: Laser not Firing

Laser not Firing

Hey Guys,

So my shenui is't firing. I have juice to the power supply and when I hit the test button I get an 'L' which translates to 'no laser signal', anyone know what that means?

Thanks!
    Walt
    Shenhui G460 80W RECI
    LIAOCHENG RAY FINE RF-6040-90W RECI
    Corel X5 Technical Suite, Windows 7

Possibly the 5V signal to the trigger on the mainboard or the mainboard itself
    You did what !

The 5v isn't hooked up on my powersupply

DSC06249.JPG
    any other thoughts?
    Shenhui G460 80W RECI

PWM line then
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Langhans View Post
    The 5v isn't hooked up on my powersupply

DSC06249.JPG
    any other thoughts?
    I thought you needed a test plug or some sort of jumper to make the Test fire the tube? I would do a Google Search for that power supply and try to find the manual or info on it.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    I thought you needed a test plug or some sort of jumper to make the Test fire the tube?
    Not for this power supply. If things were working normally I could just press the test button and it would fire the laser. I'm on skype with China tech support at the moment, they have a... shall we say 'interesting' test they want me to do. I'll let you know how it works out, assuming I live thru it...
    Shenhui G460 80W RECI

I'm still alive, but I've lost the connection with China, I'll update this when I get back in touch with them, but in the mean time if anyone else has any ideas let me know, thanks.
    Shenhui G460 80W RECI

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Langhans View Post
    Not for this power supply. If things were working normally I could just press the test button and it would fire the laser. I'm on skype with China tech support at the moment, they have a... shall we say 'interesting' test they want me to do. I'll let you know how it works out, assuming I live thru it...
    Two wires on the table or a piece of wood then fire the laser to see if you get an arc I would guess.That seems to be their usual suggestion for testing a PSU
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    Two wires on the table or a piece of wood then fire the laser to see if you get an arc I would guess.That seems to be their usual suggestion for testing a PSU
    Yup, lol. This is the pic I got from them.

^453665294F8DDC89BA473A91556149A40AE6EC8F5BF8FF6458^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg

but no spark, so I have a new power supply coming now.

Also, I stand corrected. For the test button to work the 6 pin plug needs to be removed.
    Shenhui G460 80W RECI

With my GWeike it had a special plug that had a jumper wire and then I had a resistor to put across the HV leads
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    This is a silly thought, but one derived from experience. Any chance your keylock has been turned off? On my laser there is a key on the LCD controls. If you have it off the laser will not fire on pulse or for any other reason. I beat my head on that for a few, embarrassed hours before I realized it. Every time I use the laser I kill the key if I am not actively cutting. Just a silly safety thing on my part. I apparently had a brain fart and forgot alllllll about that and the laser wouldnt fire. Everything worked, but no beam. Sigh.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

LOL.. not silly at all-- First, my Triumph has a "laser" toggle switch on the side, easy to turn off for test drives around the part first- More than once I forgot it was off--

The other would be-------- the infamous 'emergency stop' switch. I did a half day of searching around for a problem only find THAT was accidentally pushed...

AND- My IS7000, one day it wouldn't work. The power supply would come on, but nothing else. I found if I replaced the 110 from the supply to the machine with a 110 from the power strip, it worked! It was like that for 6 months before my rep said 'did you check the e-stop button?'
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by David Somers View Post
    This is a silly thought, but one derived from experience. Any chance your keylock has been turned off?
    Yup... been there done that, lol. Mine actually went bad about 6 months after I got the machine. First thing I check is the fuse, then the switch, then the power supply.
    Shenhui G460 80W RECI