Thread: DFW (Dallas/FortWorth) pen turners (need a contact to buy some gifts)

DFW (Dallas/FortWorth) pen turners (need a contact to buy some gifts)

I am sure there are creekers in DFW who make and sell pens. Need some for gifts, would be great if laser engraving can also be done. So far I have found McKinney pens, but he seems a little pricey. Would like to buy directly from the maker if any of you are in this hobby or know someone who is. I live in Plano if it helps with logistics. Would like to buy 3 may be 4 pens.
    The means by which an end is reached must exemplify the value of the end itself.

Try doing a search for Dallas Area Woodturners. They have a very active group many of whom turn pens.
    You can also check with NTWA.ORG, that's North Texas woodworkers. We have some crossover members.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Thanks Steve, Turns out my son is interning with a creeker, Jim Hinze, who just happens to be a pen maker. I'm reaching out to him.
    The means by which an end is reached must exemplify the value of the end itself.

Check with Wood World of Texas, http://www.woodworldtx.com/ They are located out on TI Boulevard in Dallas. They sell penmaker supplies, and should know a few of the good ones. 972-669-9130