Thread: DW716 Miter Saw hard to turn

DW716 Miter Saw hard to turn

The miter saw is bolted to work bench. Yesterday I cut a few compound miters in 2x4 without noticing it was hard to turn. Today the table is very hard to turn. Feels like too much friction between table and base. Maybe some pitch got into a joint or something. I did notice lots of pitch on one cut but seems that would only affect the blade.

Although I did not unbolt the saw and turn it over, I cleaned and lubricated the friction locking device and used compressed air to blow sawdust out the saw where I could. It did not improve. Before I remove the saw or disassemble it for more thorough cleaning, I decided to ask if others have had this experience and what they found to be the problem. Maybe it is something I can do without removing or disassembling the saw.

I am in the middle of a project, cutting trim and don't want to delay work crew while saw is out of commission. Maybe I am a little lazy too. Kinda sounds like it but I really don't want to spend time on the saw right now. In a few days but not now.

Bob

Sounds like a scrap of timber wedged somewhere. Compressed air doesn't get it out. You may have to unbolt it and turn it upside down. Before that, poke around with a piece of wire (unplug it first). You may hook it out. Never had more trouble than this with my DW. Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.