Thread: Sawstop jobsite dimensions

Sawstop jobsite dimensions

Thinking about a sawstop jobsite (want to be able to cut in the basement and in the driveway for larger cuts, which is up about 8 steep steps). I had a few questions about dimensions for any jobsite owners here.

What are the dimensions of the table itself? Excluding the rails. (I want to know if it's possible to drop it in to an existing workbench that has ~21" between 2x4 rails). My ultimate plan is to mount some Incra rails to my workbench for basement use, and use the sawstop fence for outdoors.

How tall is it from the base of the saw to the top of the table?

I can't help you with the dimensions, but a community member recently posted about this saw and it was clear that aside from the safety mechanism function, this version of the SS isn't anything like the original when it comes to precision, etc. Be sure that it will meet your needs from a craftsmanship perspective. "Job site" saws are designed for construction needs and portability. I'm in no way suggesting there's anything wrong with this product; rather, I'm just suggesting that you should be sure it's the right kind of tool for the work you intend to do with it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thought about it at length- the SS Jobsite is more than likely suboptimal for the work I want to do, but a jobsite-style saw is necessary for me to do any work. So I guess suboptimal is better than nothing. Anyone able to take some measurements?

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/862...and-fence.aspx

i believe most of the dimensions are listed here.

Sadly the Sawstop jobsite saw is mostly junk with the one exception being the excellent stand which makes it easy to move around and setup such an overweight pig on level ground. Up and down steps? no way. The lousy throatplate would be just horrible even on a $200 saw. No amount of marketing BS and fancy scare tactics can justify this pig. It would be a non-starter at half the asking price.

Buy a Dewalt DW745 or the later versions with a variety of different stands such as the DWE7491. Get a great fence on a better saw for less than half the price. And something I can move in and out of my pickup by myself.......

I second the dewalt table saw, I have the dw745 in my truck & the dw744 in my garage. They are very good saws. Now the jobsite sawstop is also very nice, everybody has an opinion but I want one for installation jobs very bad. They are pricey so I keep using the next best thing, my dewalts, besides the sawstop is too big to fit in my truck along with the rest of my portable woodshop.......The dw745 is compact & light. Long Before I got a fancy cabinet table saw I made great things using jobsite saws., Back then they only had a 12" rip capacity. If you want to take advantage of the latest technology I say go for the sawstop, its really nice. Just modify the bench & get the saw to fit in the space, Good Luck...

I have an older DW745 (before the silent upgrade for increased rip capacity - mine is about 16"). I need a saw that can handle a dado stack though. Since I'm looking at jobsite saws and I want some form of flesh detection, I have my eye on the Sawstop and Reaxx. Between the two, the Sawstop is more affordable and proven IMO.

I'm looking for actual table measurements of the table without the rails. I've looked through specs from SS, Rockler, Woodcraft, Peachtree, and Highland. I've also watched a video review from thisiscarpentry. Everyones dimensions vary by a little bit. I took some myself at a local(ish) rockler, but lost my notes. I was hoping a Sawstop Jobsite owner could take a couple of quick measurements of the table so that I could avoid the ~30-40min drive to Rockler.

The big picture is that my basement has a workbench anchored to concrete forms/steel support posts for a central i-beam. The floor slopes to a central drain, but the workbench is level. It's basically two 10' 2x4s with a few 21" 2x4s braces. I'm planning to replace the top, and if I can squeeze a Sawstop into that space, I want to adjust my worktop plans accordingly.

I've only seen one reference to someone buying the SS job site version...it was a gift and it was later returned. 'Not sure if anyone here is actually using one, but perhaps I missed it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...