Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A heavy heart

Unhappy A heavy heart

Usually I come on SMC to gain some knowledge, offer my .02, and contribute to the forum. This time I come with a heavy heart, I knew this time was coming for some time. My daughter Kristen Lynn had passed away 20 years ago and we buried her where we used to live in Michigans Upper Peninsula. My family has its roots here in Charlotte since before the Civil war and I always knew I would be buried in the family plot along with my family. When my wife Judy and I decided to move back to Charlotte we made a promise to each other and to Kristen to bring her to the family plot for her final resting place.
    So we have been making plans to have her exhumed and have graveside services for her next weeekend. I will be travelling back to the funeral home, some 400 + miles,to retrieve her and bring her home. (Some of my friends think this is morbid..I could care less)
    I haven't been myself this past week as fellow creeker Keith July has expierienced firsthand (Thanks Keith for listening.) The tears I shed now are just as painful as those tears 20 years ago. The loss just as raw.
    These second funeral plans should be wedding plans.....That long trip up I-75 and US2, should be a long trip down the church aisle....Parents should never have to bury their children, and I only do this twice to bring her closer to us.....it's just something I must do.
    So my extended SMC family, thank you for listening.

God's speed to you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss and I have no idea how that feels. Maybe your family can find more peace with her closer to home.

Never met you or your wonderful family but I have read a lot of your posts and I do have respect for you and the troubles that you might have. We are all glad to help as best we can. Nothing like having an extended family like this forum to share grief, joy, and other events of life. Anytime Steve.
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

Steve....my sincere sympathies! Grieving is a lonely road that one has to walk alone. You can share your grief with friends and loved ones but only you can bear the load. I haven't lost a child yet and selfishly hope I go before my wie, any of my 3 children or 5 grandchildren. But...fate may determine otherwise. I can understand that you and your wife wanting to relocate your daughter Kristen to the family plot and to be closer to you. You and your loved ones will be in my thoughts and prayers in the coming days.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I for one am honored to be considered part of your extended family, and as a parent can only imagine what you and your family have gone through. If we here at the Creek can in any way lessen that burden by the smallest of margins, we will have done well. Safe trip, my friend.
    measure, cut, shake head

Steve.

Bringing your daughter "home" is not morbid by any stretch. It is quite simply, Love.
    Peace be to you and your wife.

Steve:

I am at a loss for words....

I can feel the emotion you are experiencing in every sentence and every word you typed.......

My heart goes out to you.

You are bringing your daughter home.

Respectfully
    Joe

God Speed, keep your love close.

Richard

My heart goes out to you. You are doing this for the love of your daughter. Anyone who would tell me this was morbid would be told they have never lost a child and experienced love.

If you need anything just ask any of us here at SMC!

God be with you and your family.

Randy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler
    Steve.

Bringing your daughter "home" is not morbid by any stretch. It is quite simply, Love.
    Peace be to you and your wife.
    Randy

Don't worry abuot tommorrow, it may never arrive
    Don't fret over yesterdays mistake, you can't undo them
    Just live today the best you can.

Blog Entries
    Steve,
    I can't imagine what you are going through. I know that you and Judy will be glad to have your daughter closer to home. I would do the same thing. Families should be close together.
    I pray that God will help you and Judy through these trying times.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Steve,

My prayers are with you....along with all of us on the forum.

God Bless!

I hope that you find comfort in knowing that Gods plan for her on Earth was completed and she sits at His Right hand. Your task here is not yet completed and the road is long and hard. My prayers are with you at this time for you to find comfort and peace. We all are one big family in Gods eyes and we pray for each other in these times.

With respect and honor,
    Ed

May the good Lord bless you, Steve, but know that, this reunion is only temporary and but a stepping stone toward the one which will never seperate you again.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Steve, while this journey is difficult, in the end, it will help bring you peace when your daughter's physical remains are once again close by. You already know "she" has always been with you...and you with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ash
    (Some of my friends think this is morbid..I could care less)
    Steve, you do what you have to do, hold your head high and don't worry about what anybody else thinks. Friends come and go, family is forever.

May the Lord be with you and your family Steve, I'm proud of you my friend.
    Tony

Steve,

My heart goes out to you and your family. To loose a hild is hard and being a parent I can feel your pain. I only hope that having her close to you can somehow make it easier. God bless you and your wife. Stay stong and know you are doing what is right.