Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intro to CBN wheels - a few questions

First efforts were to dribble a few drops on the wheel, smear it around with my fingers, then turn it on. I did get sprayed a few times. Now, I do hone off the burrs on my scrapers before grinding a new one on, and put the trend on the hone, then grind. That seems to be enough wetness to color the wheel slightly as there is some on the bevel when I do scrapers. I am thinking a small paint brush would do an excellent job as well.

robo hippy

Quote Originally Posted by Reed Gray View Post
    First efforts were to dribble a few drops on the wheel, smear it around with my fingers, then turn it on. I did get sprayed a few times. Now, I do hone off the burrs on my scrapers before grinding a new one on, and put the trend on the hone, then grind. That seems to be enough wetness to color the wheel slightly as there is some on the bevel when I do scrapers. I am thinking a small paint brush would do an excellent job as well.
    I bought some after you mentioned it and tried a couple of things. I want to try putting it in a bottle and spraying a shot of fine mist on the wheel as it is turning. That works well with water when I wet sand acrylic.

JKJ