Thread: Looking for a RDWorks setting

Looking for a RDWorks setting

I have an sh-350 blue and white laser with the ruida board and RDworks.

What setting do I change to slow down the movement the laser makes going from the origin to the place it starts to engrave. My problem comes when I'm using my rotary. I use the center of the image as the origin. When I hit start it spins the cup really fast to get to the bottom of the work space so it can engrave from bottom to the top. It rotates the cup so fast there's a very small bounce when the cup stops that can be seen in the first 2-3 lines of the engraving. I want it to go to the start of the engraving point slowly.

Does anyone know which setting controls this?
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

Look thru your parameters settings for "space", as in space speed, space acc, etc--- OR other settings that include 'speed' or 'acc'

Not sure what RDworks calls it, but space speed is the speed the machine travels when moving but NOT engraving (moving thru space), which is what you want to adjust, that and the 'acc' numbers.

If you find them, write down what they were for reference, then cut the numbers in half... as in, if space speed is 300, change to 150, and if acc is 2400, change to 1200-

adjusting these speeds should help!

When you're done with the rotary, you may want to put back the old numbers, unless there are rotary-specific numbers you can change...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

These are the setting I'm showing.
    I spend an hour changing them and resetting and changing more. ONCE I got it to move slowly. After that I changed everything back to factory and changed the last setting that made a difference. Low and behold it didn't move slowly.
    Now I can' figure out the right combination to make it move slowly.

One would think it's the start speed setting but it's definitely moving faster then 10mm/s

Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Software used

After you set it to rotating and the correct diameter, you have to set (I believe) the value for the "Test" field to something slow like 5. It's the very last variable on the user screen for me.

If you can't figure out what I mean, check this video. I think the settings portion starts around the 1:00 mark.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1bp_puCf8
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Downing View Post
    After you set it to rotating and the correct diameter, you have to set (I believe) the value for the "Test" field to something slow like 5. It's the very last variable on the user screen for me.

If you can't figure out what I mean, check this video. I think the settings portion starts around the 1:00 mark.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1bp_puCf8
    I was super excited when you posted this.
    But after trying it this setting didn't make a difference for some reason. I remember to write to the controller after each change but there isn't a differance between 50mm/s or 5mm/s.
    and I'm not sure why

Any ideas?
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Software used

Try using the read function first, then change the speed and then use the write function. You can also try changing the speed on the machine control panel. I have had it not work until I did it a couple of times.

Have you tried adjusting the idle speed? I know this is in the cut parameters section, but it looks like that is the speed for moving between cuts when the laser is not firing. That is basically the movement you are talking about here, you are moving to the proper position to begin rastering.