Thread: Home position Epilog Mini 18

Home position Epilog Mini 18

I am the new owner of a used Epilog Mini 18 and have a question about the home position. If I turn on the red dot pointer it points to a position close to the left side ruler and about 3/4 inches down from the top ruler. This is where it returns to if I press the reset button also. Is this the normal home positon? I expected to be in the upper left intersection of the rulers. If this isn't the home position, how do I change where it goes when the reset button is pressed?

I have no idea why it's set up that way, but the Epilog mini heads generally home to a location around 1/2 inch out from 0,0 (i.e., around 0, 0.5). It really doesn't matter all that much; what does matter is that the 0,0 is really at 0,0. One way to check this is to put a piece of wide blue tape in the top left corner of the table and lightly vector a 1"x1" square with the top left corner at 1,1. Check the actual mark on the tape and verify the left side is 1" from the left ruler and the top side is 1" down from the top ruler. You can also check the same way at bottom right to ensure the rulers and gantry system are correctly aligned.

My Helix was the same way. Do a calibration cut (~50s/~10p) on card stock or something you can cleanly mark and see by drawing a 1" perfect square 1" from the top and 1" from the left.

Measure, it should be exact. If it's off, you need to set the permanent home position which is in the manual. Check Page 54 for X Home and Y Home. I had to adjust mine to get it within my tolerances DO write down what you change in case you goof up. There is no undo.

- Mak