Thread: Proper hardware to vent through roof?

Proper hardware to vent through roof?

Hi all,

I may be overthinking this, but I'm going to be moving to a workshop space, as my little 1 car garage is getting VERY cramped for space and my exhaust filtration system isn't cutting it anymore with how much 1/8" ply I'm cutting (~4-6 hours solid per day). I have a 1.5HP Penn State blower in the filter box now which I will be using to vent straight to atmosphere in the new workshop. My question is mainly what kind of setup should I be looking at for venting through the roof? The owner is fine with either venting through the wall or through the roof, as long as it's professionally installed. Through the wall would be easier, but the only external wall is a long line of overhead doors for neighboring shops and I would hate to have the smell get blown into a neighboring shop if they have their door open. So I think roof venting is the best option, but I can't find any examples of what type of vent to use. It will need to be able to handle the airflow from the ~800cfm blower, where most seem to be made for bathroom vents or wood stoves. 99% of what cut is birch plywood, so harsh smells like plexi aren't an issue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Google search "furnace roof vent cap" and you'll find what you need.

I would think a 6" pvc pipe thhru roof with proper seal kit would be fine
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

My blower is mounted on the roof. We're in an industrial park with 24' ceilings and the only thing inside the building is the hard pipe to the lasers. I don't think this is the exact one, but we use a blower very similar to this: https://www.grainger.com/product/DAY...AS01?$smthumb$
    4 - Q1 converted New Hermes C2000's
    Signature 8080 Plus
    Universal 50w X2-600
    Universal 60w X-660
    Epilog 60w Fusion 40
    50w 5070 China Special