Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Veritas Miniature Tools - Have you tried them?

Fred, I’ve had the miniature block plane for a number of years and use it regularly for leveling inlay stringing and banding. It works very well. I’d argue it’s not a toy, but a legitimate small plane, but I know what you mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Canaday View Post
    Yeah, it does. It is more likely that I have the odd example.

Glen; I had the similar issues with the Miniature Veritas Router Plane. I ended up fitting a compression spring between the adjuster knob and yoke to help restrict some the backlash coming from the cutting iron after the yoke is backed off slightly during depth adjustment. The following video at 1.25 min covers those concerns; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFUZeUZbs2c

Stewie;

It sounds like the router plane is the winner. That is the only one of the miniatures i own and I find it quite useful.

When I build a tray for a jewelry box, I make a small dado and use the "toy" router plane to clean out the dado and make sure the dado is the same depth along its length. It's been very valuable to me. I haven't tried any of the other small tools.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.