Thread: fiber and marking field

fiber and marking field

Decided to get myself a 20w fiber. (with a rotary extra......door to door ...all came to round $7k with duties , freight etc )
    Paid for on a Thursday , came to my door wed the next week!!!!!!!

At any rate , I decided to go for a 200 x 200 marking field F-theta lens which works beautifully

As an example , to engrave and cut a 200 x 200 rowmark gold/black type material (yes it works brilliantly both engraving and cutting it) plaque, took 2 minutes vs the 15-30 mins on our Co2's

All I had to do to the machine on getting it was set up the red pointer , correct for scale and pincushion distortions , a real snap, A teensy bit of teamview with the supplier to check it all out and ready to go..

Very happy with the speed and marking field size and thus decided to go for 110x110mm as well.. a F-theta lens for 110 was $300... 3 days ex china.

I am amazed at the increase of speed and much better marking on metal with the 110, 4-8x faster and sometimes more.

I was doing a 7 pass 15 speed 100% power to cut the Rowmark type stuff , now a single pass at 25 speed....

I have watched a zillion youtubes on fibre engraving , the machine I was supplied seems a lot faster than a lot of the vids doing the same thing... anyway its an excellent and portable machine

I use EZcad.. easy to use if a bit clunky ..

To avoid having to reset galvo and red pointer corrections every time you want to use a different lens , I have 2 copies of the program in 2 different folders , running one has all the corrections and parameters for the 200x200 , the other has it all for the 110x110.

Its like a 30 second job to replace lenses. So easy to flip from 200x200mm to 110x110mm depending on job

Major increase in flexibility for very little money.
    Last edited by Rodne Gold; 06-15-2016 at 9:29 AM.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Rodney

Interesting report. It's very tempting to bite the bullet on a fiber machine, especially at those prices.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Fun! My 30w fiber should be here next week, I'm a little excited!

Hope I can find time to learn how to use the thing...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Congrats on the new machine Rodne, sounds amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodne Gold View Post
    Decided to get myself a 20w fiber. (with a rotary extra......door to door ...all came to round $7k with duties , freight etc )
    Paid for on a Thursday , came to my door wed the next week!!!!!!!

At any rate , I decided to go for a 200 x 200 marking field F-theta lens which works beautifully

As an example , to engrave and cut a 200 x 200 rowmark gold/black type material (yes it works brilliantly both engraving and cutting it) plaque, took 2 minutes vs the 15-30 mins on our Co2's

All I had to do to the machine on getting it was set up the red pointer , correct for scale and pincushion distortions , a real snap, A teensy bit of teamview with the supplier to check it all out and ready to go..

Very happy with the speed and marking field size and thus decided to go for 110x110mm as well.. a F-theta lens for 110 was $300... 3 days ex china.

I am amazed at the increase of speed and much better marking on metal with the 110, 4-8x faster and sometimes more.

I was doing a 7 pass 15 speed 100% power to cut the Rowmark type stuff , now a single pass at 25 speed....

I have watched a zillion youtubes on fibre engraving , the machine I was supplied seems a lot faster than a lot of the vids doing the same thing... anyway its an excellent and portable machine

I use EZcad.. easy to use if a bit clunky ..

To avoid having to reset galvo and red pointer corrections every time you want to use a different lens , I have 2 copies of the program in 2 different folders , running one has all the corrections and parameters for the 200x200 , the other has it all for the 110x110.

Its like a 30 second job to replace lenses. So easy to flip from 200x200mm to 110x110mm depending on job

Major increase in flexibility for very little money.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)