Thread: Pro Trend Airshield and Tenergy...

Pro Trend Airshield and Tenergy...

Just purchased a new Tenergy smart charger to take the place of my old 'dumb' charger that came with my helmet. Does anyone know how I can take the 'end' off my current charger and connect it to my Tenergy charger so I can simply just plug it directly into my helmet? thanks...

2. Quote Originally Posted by John Grace View Post
    Just purchased a new Tenergy smart charger to take the place of my old 'dumb' charger that came with my helmet. Does anyone know how I can take the 'end' off my current charger and connect it to my Tenergy charger so I can simply just plug it directly into my helmet? thanks...
    When I did mine, I simply cut off the charger head from my trend, and wired the two ends to the two wires coming off the Tenergy unit. I did cut off the plastic plug from the Tenergy unit, and used wire nuts and electrical tape to make the connection.......you could also use an inline connector and shrink tubing to make the seal/ insulator. It is important to test your connection to make sure you have the polarity correct, or the unit will not charge. I also have the charger stand and use it the most, and usually have a battery charging while another is in the helmet.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I don't have the link to the post right now but several of us made a simple wood carriage with electrical contacts to charge the battery outside the helmet. This way you can charge one battery while using the other (maybe you only have one though).

Mike

Thanks guys...but I prefer the idea of just being able to plug the cord into the helmet with the battery still in it (of course that's this week)

I have a spare battery so I don't charge the battery in the helmet. If and when you get a spare battery, this may become a non-issue.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

For those using the Airshield , any problems with the headband breaking? I haven't used it that often and I am on my third one. Each gets a few hours of use then breaks.

I've had two broken headbands. When the first one broke, the retailer where I bought the shield provided a free replacement. When the second one broke, Trend provided a free replacement. I know Trend sells replacements, but if I can get one for free, I will go that route.

8. My Trend ASP is nearly 4 years old now, and still has the original headband. I taped mine with blue painters tape to re-enforce where they snap together.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!