Thread: Minimax FS30 Parts

Minimax FS30 Parts

Hello,
    I have an older Minimax FS30 combo (Serial #: KK/012184). My guess is that this machine is from the mid 90s, maybe earlier (?).
    It does not have a dust port in jointer mode and the planer mode has an orange rectangular port (approx. 10 1/2" X 1 1/2"). I could use a new belts and maybe some other parts down the road.
    I have the parts diagram and manuals from SCM parts pronto but I am not sure if these parts are for newer machines only. The lady at Parts Pronto was not sure about this.
    Does anyone has any knowledge about this?
    Has anyone used an aftermarket part for the dust ports?
    Thank you for your help.
    Raul

I have a similar vintage machine, with custom built (out of particle board, hardboard, off the shelf DC ports, and flashing) dust "extraction" fittings for the orange port. I'll try to get some pics of them for you tomorrow.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Have a local sheetmetal shop fabricate a port. It will prove much less expensive. Just give them your specs.

Custom Dust Collection "fittings" for FS30

Here are 2 pics showing the units. I have 10 more from different angles. If you'd like to see 'em, just PM me, that way we can keep the load on SMC down.Planer Box 5.jpgJointer Box 6.jpg
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Here are two pictures of the Minimax planer. Which part do you need?

MM J:P.jpg Jointer Side.jpg

Rich,
    I need the metal adapter you are using between the orange dust chute and the 4" (I think) round hose connection.
    Looks like a piece of HVAC, but I could not locate one with the proper dimensions. Your seems to fit perfectly over the orange dust chute.

John,
    I will PM you for more pictures, I was think in doing something similar

Did you guys ever had to buy parts for your machines? Do you go by the parts manuals and numbers in SCM Parts Pronto. I know many parts can be sourced somewhere else (belts, bearings, etc), but what about specific parts for these machines?

Thank you for your help

Thank you very much for your help.

Paul,

It's at the shop so I will measure the piece when over there. It was fabricated by the local HVAC guys for less than $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Paul,

It's at the shop so I will measure the piece when over there. It was fabricated by the local HVAC guys for less than $50.
    Hi Rich,
    no need to measure that piece. My question was where you found it and you answered that.
    Thank you.