Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime Problems

Amazon Prime Problems

I wasted an item from amazon and the shipping was more then the item so years of not doing the free trial I decided to try it . So this very first order took 6 days to arrive. I've ordered 3 or more things this month and none has got to my door in less then 3 days order Monday arrive Thursday. Friday I noticed I needed a tire for my bike and it had a bald spot, oops my bad but I said I'll try once more I ordered it Friday Morning and I have to use the Bike Wednesday Morning. Prime said guaranteed delivery by Tuesday so today I get an updated shipping won't be here to Wednesday night. Also I haven't been able to watch any prime TV shows or movies (not 1) with out a lot of buffering , picture choppy and the words don't match the mouth movement. I tried Chrome, and firefox. I called they said they were aware of the problem and were working on it but 3 weeks later still doing the same thing. I have no trouble with netflix, or hula, or any other video source. So its been canceled . But wow what a crappy service why would anyone pay a 100 bucks for service that can't be delivered.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I have had some bad luck with Amazon the last few months. I thought they were just trying to muscle me into a Prime membership..................

Why?
    Because their service is excellent. I probably receive 20 orders a month on Prime and only 3-4 have not arrived on time over the last 5 years. Usually those are where they ship via some type of Home delivery service and the business is closed when they try to deliver. They even had the Postman try to deliver to a business on a Sunday, where the business was closed of course. If they could figure out how to ship differently to businesses and home, I would say that they are doing an incredible job.

Zero issue on buffering on movies and I have Prime, Netflix, and Hulu.

I've just set up a Prime Business Account so they seem like they are moving that way.

Blog Entries
    The free Prime 2-day shipping has been on the nose for me every time... are you located in a small or out of the way delivery area?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

5. I have exactly the opposite experience. It rarely takes something more than two days to receive an item. I orders some Sawstop cartridges on Saturday evening and they arrived today. I don't watch video on prime often but I haven't had any issues the few times I have used it.

Works well for me. Placed an order Friday evening and it was in the mailbox Sunday. Didn't even know they delivered on Sunday.
    Onsrud 145G12D 5x12 CNC router
    Homebuilt 4x8 CNC router
    Vytek FX5136 35watt Laser

I've always been very happy with my Prime subscription, and I've had it for about 5 or 6 years now starting when I got it for half price under Prime Student.

From my perspective, the video service is worth the price of admission alone (works great on my Amazon Fire Stick with Comcast as my ISP), and the free 2 day shipping is just icing on the cake. Being near Seattle, sometimes I get items the next business day even though I pick the 2 day shipping, but I've never had anything more than 1 day late. The one or two items that were 1 day late, I got some MP3 credits back under their shipping guarantee.

I'm at the point where I'd rather order from Amazon than drive the 20+ minutes round trip unless I need it NOW or I can get a better quality item by supporting a local business.

Prime Photos is really nice: unlimited Amazon cloud storage for photos.

Prime Music is so-so, but I usually prefer Pandora even with the ads.

Haven't made use of Prime Pantry yet - I don't even know if it's even available where I live.

Kindle First is awesome (lets you download a pre-release ebook once a month).

Haven't figured out the Kindle Owner's Lending Library yet, but I think my Kindle may be too old (2nd gen with 3G).

Finally, my wife likes that I share the Prime benefits with her using Membership Sharing.
    ~Garth

I've had the opposite experience too, though I live outside a major city. The only packages that arrive after 2 days are sold by vendors other than Amazon. I might've had a few by Amazon items that arrived late over the past 3 years and customer service took care of me

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    I've had the opposite experience too, though I live outside a major city. The only packages that arrive after 2 days are sold by vendors other than Amazon. I might've had a few by Amazon items that arrived late over the past 3 years and customer service took care of me
    I suspect that the OP's problem is with an outside vendor and not with Amazon itself.

Steve

Add me to the list of very satisfied...they have been late a couple of times. I notified them and they made it right. They are about the best online ordering company I know of.

I only use the video for movies I download to my Kindle and works great.

every time they miss the 2 day window complain they will credit your acct with free time for prime. the video problem is on your end talk with your isp

Quote Originally Posted by David T gray View Post
    every time they miss the 2 day window complain they will credit your acct with free time for prime. the video problem is on your end talk with your isp
    I do not have Prime, and order maybe 3-5 times a month. Although I have had problems the last few months with several orders, I only order if Amazon is the seller. But I have found when I complain, they eventually figure out the problem, and give me some sort of credit.

Maybe be I will give Prime a try, I have been thinking about it for a bit.

I too love the Prime but do have the occasional issue. Every time an item arrives past the prime 2 day delivery, I email them and they extend my membership by another month without charge. I encourage each of you to do the same.

I'm less then an hour from the amazon warehouse and a half mile from the interstate

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    The free Prime 2-day shipping has been on the nose for me every time... are you located in a small or out of the way delivery area?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Why should it make any difference at all? its prime and they say 2 day delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Peterson View Post
    I suspect that the OP's problem is with an outside vendor and not with Amazon itself.

Steve
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander