Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Veritas small or medium router plane?

Keep in mind that it is not difficult to grind the blades for the Small to whatever size you want (as long as these are smaller that the existing 1/4" blade).

Regards from Perth

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kasier View Post
    Sorry, I have a large LN. I'm looking for a 1/4 inch cutter.
    My bad Joe. I misunderstood.

Our own Derek Cohen is too classy to mention this, but he did an excellent write up on making wooden router planes.
    If I didn't buy a beautiful (and cheap) mahogany router plane, I'd have gone down that route (I even got the wood and hardware parts for it, but no time or energy!).
    I honestly like his design better than the LV large router plane that I have sitting unused in my bedroom.

His write up is here. http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ShopMad...39;sTooth.html

Cheers mate!

Thanks for the kind words Matt. Since you have outed me, I must point out that router you linked to was an early design - still OK, but it has been superseded by the design in the link below. A little more to do, but a whole lot better router plane. This one is built around the LV blades and the article includes a template ...

http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ShopMad...uterPlane.html

Regards from Perth

Derek

Derek, even your simplest tools are beautiful. I wish I had (or could learn) your sense of design, Sir.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    - Sir Edmund Burke