Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has any of your work ended up in 'celebrity' hands or places?

We have done work that has found its way around the world. We have engraved plaques that were given to President Obama along with dignitaries in Turkey, Lithuania, Greece, Poland, Italy, India and China. We have awards that were taken to Haiti, Central and South America. We made plaque/awards given to NJ locals Bruce Springsteen, NY Jets Head Coach Todd Bowles and Chris Christie. We don’t have any celebrities as customers but our customers rub elbows with the rich and famous.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

I did a few sets of spatulas, forks and tongs for the WH kitchen staff.
    Also, I have engraved many flintlock rifles and pistols commemorating the bicentennial of Lewis and Clark expedition.
    These were presented to a bunch of governors and I believe a VP at the time.
    I just did the engraving not the presenting, could care less about celebrities!

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

I made an acrylic holder for the scroll that was given to the Queen when she visited our town a few years back.

5301998.jpg
    Epilog Legend 32EX 60W

Precision Prototypes, Romsey, UK

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Volden View Post
    Also, I have engraved many flintlock rifles and pistols...
    Bruce
    this jogged my memory- Many years ago Browning Arms had me engrave a shotgun for Peyton Manning.

It was back when the only computerized machine we had was our first Concept 2000. I mouse-digitized all the logos and scrollwork.
    I do NOT miss hand-digitizing, nope.

<EDIT> --got my Peyton's mixed up! -- make that Walter Payton! Peyton Manning wasn't even born when Payton started playing!
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 05-13-2016 at 2:47 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Had a piece we made end up in time magazine, no mention that we made it tho. Also had a piece end up with snoop dog, Giselle Bundchen and a few pro athletes. All work was done through others, but they ended up with famous people and that's good enough for me.

Wish I could've made pieces for those that received a Medal of Honor! Heck I'd do those for free any day
    Epilog Helix 60 watt, Epilog 36EXT 75 watt, 2 Rotary Attachments, 3 Jaw Chuck Rotary Attachment, Kern 52x100 400 watt putting out 580 watts, Photobrasive Laser Mask, Rayzist 1924 Blast Cabinet, ikonics blast cabinet, SR3000 Resist, Epson 1400 Printer, 1 Paragon Glass Kiln, Covington Wet Belt Sander/Polisher, 2 JDS Air Filtration Units, 14" Stone Saw, and A Few Other Things I Forgot About!

It was truly an honor to meet these men, true American hero's. They were all very happy to accept the engraved key fobs I made and they didn't make me sign any NDA's

Quote Originally Posted by Braden Todd View Post
    Had a piece we made end up in time magazine, no mention that we made it tho. Also had a piece end up with snoop dog, Giselle Bundchen and a few pro athletes. All work was done through others, but they ended up with famous people and that's good enough for me.

Wish I could've made pieces for those that received a Medal of Honor! Heck I'd do those for free any day
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I'm guessing we have radically different ideas about what constitutes 'celebrity' and its significance ;^)

I'm also more tickled by bizarre situations like vacationing at Disney and noticing a guy drinking from a travel mug that you engraved, striking up a conversation with him and hearing about how delighted he was to get the mug as a gift and how it goes everywhere with him, and then handing him a business card with the same name/logo as engraved on the bottom of the mug and watching his jaw drop.

I've done a number of props for television and movies. But the one that surprised me the most was a piece of cherry wood engraved with the names of a bunch of carollon bell ringers. Never thought much about it, until the customer sent me a photo of the final installation at the Washington National Cathedral. I think it might even be posted on here someplace. Hopefully it's there for a few hundred years.. If they ever tear it down, my name is on the back ;=)
    Last edited by Bill Cunningham; 05-24-2016 at 11:02 PM.
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

I have engraved the logo on some cutting boards used on the TV show The Chew

I've done a number of things that might qualify but, but other than a HOF pro football player, no names you'd recognize. I am quite pleased with two of the items pictured on my web site. The perpetual plaque I designed for the New Jersey national guard headquarters and the logo I designed and digitized for Little Patriots Embraced, a charity that serves military families. When I say I designed it I should acknowledge that a member gave me a pencil sketch and I took it from there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Very nice Mike and thank you for you support of our troops and their families .

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    I've done a number of things that might qualify but, but other than a HOF pro football player, no names you'd recognize. I am quite pleased with two of the items pictured on my web site. The perpetual plaque I designed for the New Jersey national guard headquarters and the logo I designed and digitized for Little Patriots Embraced, a charity that serves military families. When I say I designed it I should acknowledge that a member gave me a pencil sketch and I took it from there.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Wow - some amazing stories! I wish August Busch would visit my shop. My laminates have been on the cover of several design magazines, but my favorite was the conference table I did for MTV. Had to deliver it personally on Times Square, NYC. Talk about a hairy delivery.

MTV Conf Table - 2000.jpg
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.

Just ran across this photo I forgot about-- I lasered the blade of this knife with the old 25w ULS- A bit of white-knuckle work since I was still learning how to use Cermark back then!

FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

I was just told by my Cowbells customer that last Sunday's Parade magazine shows off
    a little of my work AND my photography
    olybell.jpg
    -been lasering these, and several varieties with different sponsor's logos
    nearly non-stop since November. Not getting rich from them, as I've
    agreed to steep price cuts as a way of donating...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Since this was first posted I've taken on the National Blues Museum as a client. Every month they honor one or two performers with an award. I'm not much on blues or blues history but apparently these folks are well known and, I understand, quite pleased to receive the awards.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7