Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a Lathe Mounted Hoist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WWr5mO-bOc

I found it, this video shows exactly what I asked about, and he's using a lathe like mine. Unfortunately I don't speak French, but I can see how it works.

I don't have much room in my basement shop for an engine hoist.

I am waiting for a reply from Brent at Robust as to his opinion on the applicability on his machines.

Tom

I see that Andre is using a Robust lathe to mount that "elevator". Watching the mass swing, I see his item wiggling a bit, but the Robust banjo appears to not be moving at all. Andre is a Robust representative or whatever Brent calls the folks who sell his tools out of their business. Please let us all know what Brent has to say.

If you go to Andre's website, the English section does not show this item as available.

Very interesting Tom. Looks like one of those truck-mounted hoists. I'll be interested to see what Brent says too.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Albrecht View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WWr5mO-bOc

I found it, this video shows exactly what I asked about, and he's using a lathe like mine. Unfortunately I don't speak French, but I can see how it works.

I don't have much room in my basement shop for an engine hoist.

I am waiting for a reply from Brent at Robust as to his opinion on the applicability on his machines.
    On second thought, I am going with a Sears engine hoist. It's less expensive and won't stress my lathe banjo.

Here is a pic of the barn rail. I am currently using it to move a 100lb lid off a big pressure pot but will be moving this above my lathe soon. The rail is long enough that I will be able to raise it off the floor with a chain hoist and then slide it over to my spindle. I will mount it on the ceiling in line with the bed and will be able to roll the chain hoist over next to the wall so it is out of the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Albrecht View Post
    On second thought, I am going with a Sears engine hoist. It's less expensive and won't stress my lathe banjo.
    then you will not have to worry about repairing the ceiling if you decide to move the lathe. a lot of ceilings on trusses are not designed for lifting
    those 800 lb remote operate lifts at HF are pretty cheap (China) at 129.00 on sale plus frt and + return frt when it stop working but then a new one will be cheaper than the frt returning the defective one
    ron

Brice, I bought a one ton engine hoist ( aka shop crane ) from HF back in March to set up my G0766 too. Got it on sale for $99 , I was impressed with it. It paid for itself the firs day.

Jay Mullins