Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: :) concrete put down

Congratulations, sounds fantastic, nothing quite like the commute to work from your back door to your home workshop door
    60w EFI 6090 & 100w Z4 Reci 6090 G Weike Lasers, 4 X 4 CNC Router
    CLTT using Oki C822dn & Adkins Press
    Glass Sandblasting, Woodwork Shop, etc...
    V Carve Pro v8 & Photo V Carve, Lasercut 5.3, Corel Draw 2017 on Windows 7 and iMac (via Parallels), etc

Maybe you have already done so, but I ran a water line out to my shop. Its underground but not deep enough for Iowa winters, PEX and running inside a 2 inch PVC pipe. I use compressed air to blow it out for winter.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

^^^^^^^ YES!!!! ^^^^^^^ and a sink w/drain if you can swing it--

I turned my garage into more shop space a couple of years ago, and not having water and a sink out there just plain sucks!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Depending on what you want water and sink for, and how much you expect to use them, I found that a free-to-me utility basin/washtub works great with a jug of water on a shelf above it for supply and a bucket underneath for a drain. Quicker and far cheaper to set up than running pipe/connecting to your water mains and, surprisingly, not particularly a nuisance to fill/drain as needed. Originally, I had a gallon jug but that proved too small, and a 5 gallon jug was cumbersomely big/heavy, but 2 gallons is good for my purposes.

I don't know where you are located or building code enforcement, but if its just grey water from hand washing look up dry well. And in the summer it could be diverted to your garden for irrigation.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10