Thread: Supermax 19-38 wobble

Supermax 19-38 wobble

I just assembled assembled a new Supermax 19-38 drum sander. The first time I turned it on, the conveyor drive unit (the one with the dial on it) wobbled back and forth about 3/16". It isn't loose and the wobble looks like it might be due to a bend in the conveyor drive shaft. The conveyor seems to move smoothly so if it is a bend, it would be outboard of the conveyor. There wasn't any damage to the conveyor box that might have suggested a blow hard enough to bend a part like that.

anybody seen anything like this? I'll call both Acme and Supermax on Monday if no one here has a miracle solution

Last edited by Jim Barstow; 04-16-2016 at 12:58 AM.

That pretty much looks like a bent shaft.

David

All I see if you wobbling your camera back and forth.
    -Lud

Oscillating belt sander...... switch, interesting.

It's kind of mesmerizing. I'd say bent shaft, too. The box on my relatively new 19-38 doesn't wobble at all.

I just got a new one, and it does not do that. Let us know how the warranty work goes.
    Last edited by Mark W Pugh; 04-16-2016 at 10:04 PM.

I'm also in for a bent shaft.

I looked at my 19-38 and also at its parts list.
    It could be a bent roller shaft, but I wonder if it is a bad coupler or bend motor shaft. Once the motor is pulled off, it will be clear what is wrong. Although disappointing, I would not be concerned about Supermax taking care of the issue. Let us know how it turns out for you.