Thread: Can an older G1023 be updated?

Blog Entries

Can an older G1023 be updated?

I have an older (1998) Grizzly right tilt G1023 TS (when that was all they offered). I did upgrade to the HTC 53" rails and fence (no longer available), love them, but no riving knife, no dust chute. The riving knife is no big deal as I use a SharkGuard, but being able to add the dust chute would be really nice. Anybody done that?
    NOW you tell me...

I looked on Grizzly's website and the dust collection door is still available, part P1023004 for $15. The dust collector hose connector that screws to the door can be picked up from Rockler or Woodcraft. If you're talking about the motor cover, then you're right as that has been discontinued. I ended up ordering an aftermarket plastic motor cover for a Delta table saw for around $70. You can find these on eBay. I had to do only minor modifications to the cover for it to fit the G1023. Specifically, you have to mortise a couple holes in the cover to account for the metal tabs the Grizzly motor cover connected to. I picked up a butterfly vent from an RV store and mounted it to the motor cover to adjust the airflow into the saw. Probably didn't need to do this, but I figured if the original motor cover had vent slots, I should probably have a vent as well.

IMG_0764a.jpg IMG_0764b.jpg

Dave

I've added a ramp with a steeper angle to the bottom, and another inside the door. It's as simple as fitting a couple of pieces of paneling to the space. I also added a B.0.R K riving knife.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....