Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jobsite Sawstop two solid lights

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Mreza & Ken both reported it. Thanks guys!

And for being so prompt you will receive double the usual reward check! Thanks to the Mods for watching out for us.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

2. has been bookmark, this seems like a very interesting thread

Yep sent them one. I'm stationed in Japan and I have to wait until Monday late Night to call them... I'll let you know what I find out. I hope it is an easy fix. I called the Japanese dealer and since I didn't get it here in Japan they can't help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Thanks to the Mods for taking care of that situation with that photo!

BTW....report these posts using the little triangle near the bottom of a post so the Moderators can help protect a member from this type of potential financial damage.
    Ken, late to the party on this thread. What are you guys talking about? You ask to "report these posts" but there isn't any info about what was wrong with the post.

Thanks!
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Gents,
    Just and update. Sawstop has e-mailed me some test procedures that might help you all too. To obtain the extended diagnostics information:

1. Make sure the error code is present (LED code other than solid green LED)
    2. Push the bypass button and hold
    3. The error code should undergo the following changes:
    a. Both LEDs should go out, then both should briefly blink "on"
    b. The green LED will blink some number of times (slow blinks)
    c. The red LED will blink some number of times (quick blinks)
    d. Steps a-c above will repeat several times.

I have sent the Error Code to them and I'll see tomorrow. I'm 16 hours ahead of the U.S.A. and have to work thru E-mail. I needed u getting a Error Code of 64. Just wanted to add how great it's been working with Saw stop so far.

Thanks
    Mike

Michael,

You say you are in Japan. I understand that parts of Japan have 110v 50 hz and others 60 hz.
    I live in Israel where we also have 50hz, I also had a Sawstop jss and got a similar error. After some communication with them Sawstop confirmed that the jss won't work at 50hz. The rest of their saws have no problem with 50hz.
    In any case I solved this issue by using a US 12v to 110v inverter which put out 110v 60 hz. This I connected to a deep cycle 12v battery and 40 amp charger.
    I know a lot of work to get it to work, but it works.
    Since I've sold the jss and purchased the pcs. If you can afford it, have the room and dobnot need portability, I highly recommend the pcs over the jss.
    Maybe you travel with the saw yo Western Japan where I understand there is 60hz and make sure this is indeed the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    Ken, late to the party on this thread. What are you guys talking about? You ask to "report these posts" but there isn't any info about what was wrong with the post.

Thanks!
    The guy posted a photograph where he was using his credit card as a feeler gauge. You could read his name, the card number and since it showed the back side, you saw the security code too. The reason you can't see the photograph is because a Moderator removed the photograph with the credit card to protect the OP/card owner. It turns out, according to the OP, it was an old, inactive card but several of us including I reported the photo because the personal information was viewable.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Adam is correct about the power line frequency in Japan, but the nominal voltage is 100 volts, not 110 volts.

The dividing line between 60 Hz and 50 Hz is somewhere between Tokyo and Nagoya. The Tokyo side is 50 Hz, the Nagoya side is 60 Hz. Not sure where the dividing line is physically...

So as Adam said, you may be in an area that is running at 100 VAC and 50 Hertz. This may be your root problem.

Bill
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

I am late to this discussion, but curious about the resolution. Anything more you can share.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mumford View Post
    Gents,
    Just and update. Sawstop has e-mailed me some test procedures that might help you all too. To obtain the extended diagnostics information:

1. Make sure the error code is present (LED code other than solid green LED)
    2. Push the bypass button and hold
    3. The error code should undergo the following changes:
    a. Both LEDs should go out, then both should briefly blink "on"
    b. The green LED will blink some number of times (slow blinks)
    c. The red LED will blink some number of times (quick blinks)
    d. Steps a-c above will repeat several times.

I have sent the Error Code to them and I'll see tomorrow. I'm 16 hours ahead of the U.S.A. and have to work thru E-mail. I needed u getting a Error Code of 64. Just wanted to add how great it's been working with Saw stop so far.

Thanks
    Mike