Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cermark 6000 vs 6060

Cermark 6000 vs 6060

Yes I've searched. I've only been able to find 3-4 references to 6060 and no one has provided a good comparison.
    Most of the posts are 2 years old.
    1 post someone started to compare the 2 but then found out his laser was dying.

What's the latest comparison between Cermark 6000 vs 6060. I'm hoping after 2 years someone has some good info to share.
    Last edited by Jeff Body; 04-05-2016 at 3:20 PM.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

I think ceramark has been out for over 12 years, same formula, so all those 2 year old posts should be relevant. Can I have is 6000 works well.

This thread might help you:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...00-or-lmm-6060
    Last edited by Keith Winter; 04-05-2016 at 3:30 PM.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

I know nothing about 6060-- Laserbits says its the 'next generation' Cermark- what puzzles me is that they say it's 'water based' but you thin it with DNA? If it's water-based, why can't you thin it with water? If so, I'd likely try it, even though it's nearly double the price ($200/250g vs $250/500g) of the 6000. I probably spend $50 or $60 on DNA thinning a 500g bottle (mostly due to evaporation), thinning with water would definitely offset that cost. Water is kryptonite to 6000, but it's water soluble, not water-BASED.

Anyway, I'm not any help, just curious myself!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I chased this around a bit a few months ago in my own thread about Cermark vs Thermark. Ended up going with the LMM 6000 and it worked fine.

They seem to be a bit of a mess as a company in general though. This is from the Thermark site (which is supposed to be the same company that makes Cermark and Ferro products now):

Complete Product List

If you know which product you are looking for, please use the links below for easy access to that product. If you need help determining which product to use, please visit our Marking Solutions section for more assistance.

Black on Metal

• LMM14 - General purpose, aerosol & liquid ink
    • LMM6000 - General purpose, aerosol & paste ink
    • LMM6018.LF - General purpose & anodized, self-adhesive paper-backed tape
    • LMM6038 - Alternative for high shine metal, paste ink
    • LMM6904 - Alternative for anodized aluminum, liquid ink

Black on Glass

• LMC6044P - Liquid ink (new, replaces LMC12 for glass/ceramic)

Black on Plastic

One Color on Glass/Ceramic (all liquid ink)

Last edited by Keith Downing; 04-05-2016 at 5:24 PM.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

Also found this on a site called cermarksales.com (although it doesn't seem directly related to the manufacturer):

LMM-6000 is a laser marking material for metals. LMM-6000 is ethanol based product, which allows for a fast drying time. Due to the flammability of the LMM-6000 there are HAZARDOUS shipping cost applied.

LMM-6060 is a laser marking material for metals. LMM-6060 is a specifically formulated water based product designed to perform the same as the LMM-6000, LMM-6038 and LMM-6012. The LMM-6060 is an all-in-one metal marking product. The LMM-6060 will have NO HAZARDOUS shipping cost.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Winter View Post
    I think ceramark has been out for over 12 years, same formula, so all those 2 year old posts should be relevant. Can I have is 6000 works well.

This thread might help you:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...00-or-lmm-6060

Keith that is the post I'm referring too. There's nothing good there.
    Mike Null states his findings are inconclusive because of the state of his laser. And the OP failed on his first attempt but never posted back if he was successful.

I know 6000 is the old time favorite. I'm just hoping to hear if anyone has experience with the LM6060 and knows how it compares to LM6000.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I know nothing about 6060-- Laserbits says its the 'next generation' Cermark- what puzzles me is that they say it's 'water based' but you thin it with DNA? If it's water-based, why can't you thin it with water? If so, I'd likely try it, even though it's nearly double the price ($200/250g vs $250/500g) of the 6000. I probably spend $50 or $60 on DNA thinning a 500g bottle (mostly due to evaporation), thinning with water would definitely offset that cost. Water is kryptonite to 6000, but it's water soluble, not water-BASED.

Anyway, I'm not any help, just curious myself!
    My GUESS is that they found a formula that was water based that they could ship and THEN have you add the DNA; which is probably still necessary to spray or paint it on and have it dry evenly once thinned.

So the real difference would be one is a hazardous material being shipped and one isn't. That's just my random guess though.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Downing View Post
    My GUESS is that they found a formula that was water based that they could ship and THEN have you add the DNA; which is probably still necessary to spray or paint it on and have it dry evenly once thinned.

So the real difference would be one is a hazardous material being shipped and one isn't. That's just my random guess though.

Sounds like a good guess!
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

I have been using ordinary methylhydrate from the local hardware store to thin Lm6000 scavenged from spray cans and overspray for years now, with no problems, and it works fine. More expensive purer DNA is a waste of money!
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

DNA is used so you don't have to wait an hour for the spray to dry......

Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

11. Can anyone add to this post with recent info
    Thanks Mitch

Not much from me other than I just bought my 5th 500gm bottle of 6000 since this thread ended. Been engraving acres of stainless flawlessly, so I see no reason look for a greener pasture
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Plus I wouldn't want to spray a water based product on my customers metal. Last thing I need is 100 parts with rust stains on them.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Not much from me other than I just bought my 5th 500gm bottle of 6000 since this thread ended. Been engraving acres of stainless flawlessly, so I see no reason look for a greener pasture
    How do you apply it
    Thanks Mitch

I posted up a video of how I do it not long ago, here's a link-
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...deo&highlight=
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter