Thread: Wally

Wally

Had a friend of mine, Ron Campbell, post this on another website and I have his permission to re-post it here.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Received a copy of an email from Carol and Jane, Wally's wife and daughter. Wally passed away last evening surround by his family. This man has meant so much to me over the past several years. He will be missed and I am so thankful for the time I got with him. Thoughts and prayers to the family

Ron

Sorry I don't know who or where I got this of Wally so I cannot give credit to the artist
    Wally.jpg
    -------------------------------------------------
    Although we never met, Wally and I were online friends for many years. I was lucky enough to be able to write a bio/interview on the man for SMC and benefited many times from his honest critique of my and other's woodturnings. He earned everyone's respect and I can honestly say - he had thousands of fans/friends from all over the world! He will be greatly missed! Thanks for everything Wally! RIP.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

2. I never met Wally in person, but had some interactions with him on this and other forums. He was always a class act, and encouraging in the things he said. I learned to appreciate his life in woodturning and the stature he gained was certainly well deserved!

Our thoughts and prayers will be with his family.......I know even the woodturning family will also miss him. He was truly an inspiration with all he did at the later years of his life!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

An irreplaceable loss to the turning world! A talented artist, and a genuinely fine individual. He helped me several times with his comments here and through PMs.

He will be missed. I sent an e-mail to him and said that I hoped by the time I got to his age, I hoped that the ripples I made in the pond of life reached half as many people as his did. Just a great guy.

robo hippy

While I never met him in person, online he was the ultimate gentleman, always willing to provide helpful information. He will be missed.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I really hate to hear this. Wally was top notch!
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN

Sad news, I will remember those photos of the kids with him,who were probably great grand children. You could tell they saw him as an unusual and special creature...even for Grampas.

A man to emulate.

Doug

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Wally will be missed for sure.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Wally was a true inspiration. His turnings were always worth studying as opposed to just being looked at and I managed to pick up a lot of pointers from them. He will be missed.
    I fish, therefore I am. I woodturn when I can't fish.

Deeply saddened to hear of the loss of such a man, a true craftsman, turner and artist. My sincere condolences to his wife and family. Rest in Peace Wally and thank you for all you've done for the countless people you've helped and inspired. Gone but "never" forgotten.

So sorry to hear of Wally s passing. Thoughts and prayers to his family.
    Lori K