Thread: need wide kerf blade on dewalt745

need wide kerf blade on dewalt745

I recently downgraded to dewalt 745 compact job site saw. I need to cut 1/4 inch wide notches for making dividers in a shadow box. Is there a saw blade available which will cut kerfs wider than 1/8inch?

Anyone try 2 blades on dewalt 745 or is the arbor too short to do this safely?

Freud (and others) make a box joint set of blades which will give a 1/4 inch kerf or a 3/8 inch kerf with the two blades swapped. The carbide is offset on the blades so switching them gives the two different kerfs. But, I don't know if the arbor is long enough on that saw to safely handle the two blades.

Id think trying to stack two regular blades might cause some issues with the teeth hitting each other and since the carbide is wider that the plate even if you could get them to mount without hitting each other you would have a kerf that is slightly less then a 1/4 inch wide.

The box joint sets are a good option. I have stacked multiples of a regular blade on my saw....you can do it if the blades are identical, and you stagger the teeth so they don't collide. Dunno if they'll fit on your arbor or not though.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Yes, use two identical blades with brass shims in between to get the exact width you need.