Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else getting spammed by some idiot Larry Kirk @ amazing woodworking plans

Just working dude. Still have it.

I just got my third e-mail from him today. The first two I deleted without opening. Tis one I marked as spam. I hope that works. But from other posts I doubt it. We'll see.

According to Larry just now, "My woodworking project photos are published". Yay, me....

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

4. I'm sure this posting will fall on deaf ears or be quickly swept under the rug, but I strongly suggest that Keith check his "Control Panel Logs" under "Statistics and Logs" in the AdminCP to see who else besides himself gained access to his AdminCP.

Sawmill Creek is one of the common denominators to the number of people complaining about receiving these emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Christopherson View Post
    I'm sure this posting will fall on deaf ears or be quickly swept under the rug, but I strongly suggest that Keith check his "Control Panel Logs" under "Statistics and Logs" in the AdminCP to see who else besides himself gained access to his AdminCP.

Sawmill Creek is one of the common denominators to the number of people complaining about receiving these emails.

Same thing I thought, an "inside job". I get 2 or 3 a week from him. And strangely enough I didn't start getting them until I opened this thread, coincidence? When a minute there are no coincidences! At least Gmail has his mail going directly to junk.
    Reality continues to ruin my life!

I'm sure this posting will fall on deaf ears or be quickly swept under the rug, but I strongly suggest that Keith check his "Control Panel Logs" under "Statistics and Logs" in the AdminCP to see who else besides himself gained access to his AdminCP.

I've been following this thread and have received nothing from Larry Kirk. I really don't think SMC is the link.
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    According to Larry just now, "My woodworking project photos are published". Yay, me....

Erik

Yea on the "YEY"......mine were published yesterday.

Yep! at least twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by David L Morse View Post
    I've been following this thread and have received nothing from Larry Kirk. I really don't think SMC is the link.
    I doubt it is either as the spam goes to an email address I don't use here.

Had a few minutes to procrastinate on assignments and followed a rabbit trail for larry... The guy is linked to a site called woodworking fan, which since I contacted them has become inactive. And I think that site is linked to someone in china or korea. But the site itself is hosted by godaddy... That's 10mins I wont be getting back, but a nice diversion from writing about maslow's theory
    Sent from the bathtub on my Samsung Galaxy(C)S5 with waterproof Lifeproof Case(C), and spell check turned off!

Blog Entries

There are plenty of common links, but SMC is hardly the biggest... it's just a noticeable link because we can all come and complain about it, so it appears common. Can't do that in a magazine you subscribe(d) to... like Wood, Fine Woodworking, etc. All of those companies sell their subscription list. They don't care who, as long as they have the money.

As Brian said, I get my Kirk emails at an address not known to this site, so...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Larry's back today. Found him sleeping in my spam box

my free seesaw plans are waiting for downloading.

*PS: the plans format is PDF.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

For what it's worth. I signed in a few nights ago having not been on the creek for quite a while. Read this thread and went about my business, next day the spam started. I didn't go anywhere else online and here I am. Couldn't this guy be on here with one name and sending spam as Larry Kirk?
    Teaching grandchildren the hobby is rewarding. Most of the time

I also got first e-mail from "Kirk" just two days ago. Never before. I hate spam.
    Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by David L Morse View Post
    I haven't received anything from Larry. I feel slighted!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney