Thread: Building Your Own Oneida Realtime Filter Efficiency Gauge

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Building Your Own Oneida Realtime Filter Efficiency Gauge

After studying the Oneida product page (LINK) and researching around the net I was able to figure out and put together the parts necessary to build my own Oneida Realtime Filter Efficiency Gauge. Its a very simple design and you can buy all the parts on your own for a lot cheaper than their kit.

Heres what you need:

1. Dywer 2-5005 Differential Pressure Gauge (LINK)
    2. Dywer A-302 Static Pressure Tip (LINK)
    3. 3/16" Inner Diameter Tubing (LINK)

Thats it! You can find the gauge and tip on eBay sometimes for very cheap or you can buy them directly from Dywer. You can also purchase the hose by the foot from Dywer (LINK, A-220). You can also use the larger dial gauge, the Dywer Magnehelic 2005 (LINK). Its nicer if you want a larger display, to wall mount it, or want better build quality, but it does cost more. And lastly regarding the mount, the one supplied by Oneida is almost useless as there is no good way/place to install it on many of their dust collectors. So making one out of wood is just much better as you can customize it however you like to mount where ever you like on your dust collector. All you need to do is cut a hole large enough to fit the gauge and youre good to go. Drawings with dimensions for the gauges can be found on the Dywer website.

Regarding installation: simple as drilling a 3/16" hole in the plenum. Instructions are as follows:

Capture.jpg

I know there are some people around this forum who know a lot more about this setup than I do as I found some of their posts and they were helpful in figuring this all out. I also know there are probably other and perhaps better ways of going about this. That said my intent here was just to layout the Oneida design and how to build your own. Hopefully those that know more will chime in and offer suggests on how to perhaps improve the design or other suggestions.
    Last edited by Ben Rivel; 03-19-2016 at 7:57 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!