Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Building Your Own And Improving Upon The Oneida Dust Sentry Bin Level Sensor

I know this is an old thread, my apologies for resurrecting it.

But I hit the same issue as Connor wrote about above as I built one of these this week. In short, the wiring diagram for the QS18VN6D sensor is incorrect. The only thing wrong in the original picture is the connection between the black wire from the strobe light and the blue wire from the sensor. Those should not be connected to each other.

So to be clear, the following should be connected:

o The blue sensor wire to the black transformer wire.
    o The brown sensor wire to the red strobe light wire and the red transformer wire.
    o The black sensor wire to the black strobe light wire.
    o The white sensor wire is not connected to anything.

Again, apologies for bringing this back up. Just trying to help anyone else that finds this thread. I have tested this and it is correct.

Thanks,

Rucker

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Rucker View Post
    I know this is an old thread, my apologies for resurrecting it.

But I hit the same issue as Connor wrote about above as I built one of these this week. In short, the wiring diagram for the QS18VN6D sensor is incorrect. The only thing wrong in the original picture is the connection between the black wire from the strobe light and the blue wire from the sensor. Those should not be connected to each other.

So to be clear, the following should be connected:

o The blue sensor wire to the black transformer wire.
    o The brown sensor wire to the red strobe light wire and the red transformer wire.
    o The black sensor wire to the black strobe light wire.
    o The white sensor wire is not connected to anything.

Again, apologies for bringing this back up. Just trying to help anyone else that finds this thread. I have tested this and it is correct.

Thanks,

Rucker
    Yea its really annoying that SMC wont let you go back and edit a post past a certain time period. I would go back and fix that drawing. There was supposed to be a little hump over the Blue wire for the NPN setup.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Yea its really annoying that SMC wont let you go back and edit a post past a certain time period. I would go back and fix that drawing. There was supposed to be a little hump over the Blue wire for the NPN setup.
    Unfortunately, it's necessary to preserve content because, well...people...spoil things sometimes when they get angry. (Most forums have a similar policy for the same reasons) A moderator can make the change for you if you provide them with the diagram.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Ben:

Thank you. And I should have said 'thank you' for the work you did on this. You saved me money and I appreciate it!

Rucker

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Unfortunately, it's necessary to preserve content because, well...people...spoil things sometimes when they get angry. (Most forums have a similar policy for the same reasons) A moderator can make the change for you if you provide them with the diagram.
    I hear ya Jim and it does suck thats the way the world has to work sometimes, but I do understand.

That said, I clicked the "Report Post" button on the OP and mentioned in the message that I need to update the image. I have a corrected image made up I just need to replace the one in the post. Havent heard back from anyone yet though. Is that the proper way to go about getting that image changed?

I'll contact you privately via PM so I can give you my email address to forward the diagram to. I'll make the change for you once I have the graphic. in-hand.

Jim
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I'll contact you privately via PM so I can give you my email address to forward the diagram to. I'll make the change for you once I have the graphic. in-hand.

Jim
    Forum Moderator
    Done. Thanks Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Rucker View Post
    Ben:

Thank you. And I should have said 'thank you' for the work you did on this. You saved me money and I appreciate it!

Rucker
    You're very welcome Brad and I apologize for not fixing this years ago.

Okay folks, should be fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience!