Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Building Your Own And Improving Upon The Oneida Dust Sentry Bin Level Sensor

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kreinhop View Post
    The U.S. seller in the link will not ship to my APO address, but all of the vendors in China and Taiwan will. I ordered a set of digital ammeters from a vendor in China and it arrived at my APO address in about two weeks. The world is getting smaller.
    Oh tell me about it! I ordered an NVR from china via ebay a couple weeks ago, got it for a great price and it came via DHL Express in TWO DAYS! I couldnt believe it! Even checked the tracking number and route to see if it actually came from China and it did. And I didnt pay any extra for expedited shipping. Much smaller world indeed!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

The sensors specs list it's supply voltage as "less than 25ma". Is a 500 ma source going to work? I got the QS18VP6D sensor

25 ma is a current- 25 milli-amps, not a voltage.

Thanks. Next question is my light does not turn off once the sensor has been moved away from it's trigger. Should it?

If I unplug and plug back in the light stops flashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Curtis View Post
    Thanks. Next question is my light does not turn off once the sensor has been moved away from it's trigger. Should it?

If I unplug and plug back in the light stops flashing.
    It certainly should turn off.

Yes. I am confused as well. I wired it per the pictures on the first page

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Curtis View Post
    Yes. I am confused as well. I wired it per the pictures on the first page
    Maybe its an issue with the Banner sensor. Where did you get it from? Was it new? Sure you didnt do anything that might have damaged it?

eBay seller from China. Is new.

So how often does the light come on or flash in error when the bin isn't full? My old dust collector did not have a magnetic switch so I had a relay on a 110 circuit for a switch. Want to change this to a 12v relay and just shut the collector off if the Banner tells it too. My only fear is false readings that shut it off when it is not full. I could fix that with a timer but that drives up the cost unless I need to do it.

No false alarms yet. Granted I have only had it for a couple of day now. I will update after a few weeks.

So I have it all built and woking other than I have not mounted the sensor to the lid. Does it matter its location, I thought the Oneida instructions gave some specific dimensions but I can't find them on their website anymore. If someone could provide with any dimesions I would appreciate it.

I got a little carried away since I had a contactor from my old collector that I used to turn it off and on. Put a 24vdc power supply, 24v timer and contactor all in an electrical box. Set it up so the power supply powers the banner, if the banner is made for 30 seconds to eliminate any false trips the timer opens the contactor and shuts the collector off. Beauty of it is, I still have less in it than the one from Oneid.

Has anyone else had problems with this set-up? I can not get my sensor to act properly. At first it would not reset the alarm once the obstruction was removed. Now I can not get it to trigger the alarm at all.

Should I have a green light on the sensor when power is attached?

I am following the wiring diagram on page one of this thread. Please help.

Of course I got the sensor from eBay and mailed from China, so that might be a problem if a replacement is needed.

I have contacted banner tech support and they do not have any ideas. They have responded quickly but are unable to help me.

Its a super simple circuit, Just a "switching" transistor really with a load and power supply. If its not working properly and even Banner couldnt guess what else to try Id say that narrows it down to either a problem with the way its hooked up (which Im not leaning towards) or a bad sensor. Post a pic showing the wiring and let us have a look to rule out the former.

here is my set-up any ideas would be helpful
    IMG_20181102_104906190.jpg
    IMG_20181102_104813259.jpg

IMG_20181102_104829806.jpg
    IMG_20181102_104805317.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is that a DC bulb youre using? And what is its current draw? Also is nothing connected to the beige wire coming from the sensor? Hard to tell from the pics.