Thread: Used Oneida Dust Collector?

Used Oneida Dust Collector?

What's a reasonable price for a 10 year old Oneida dust collector with a 3 hp motor? Previously used by a local cabinet shop and will require new filters. There are no ducts included, just the dust collector itself.

That's a little tough to answer without more details.

Kind of like saying, 'How much is my Chevy worth?'

Blog Entries
    At 10 years, it may well need new bearings, and filters are probably $300 - $400 each. Beyond that, I got nothing. Need more details & pics would help.

10 years old, ran every day, hope the price is right. If you buy it, would put new bearings in the thing before installing it. Otherwise, should be a great deal. Can't imagine how you could wear out the sheet metal, probably is polished bright inside.

Oneida stuff is pretty salty new, but at 10 years old from a cabinet shop means it was USED. I would think if it's in decent shape other than being dusty 1/4-1/3 the original price would be about right, unless it has a recent filter then maybe a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Yeaglin View Post
    Oneida stuff is pretty salty new, but at 10 years old from a cabinet shop means it was USED. I would think if it's in decent shape other than being dusty 1/4-1/3 the original price would be about right, unless it has a recent filter then maybe a little more.
    That's about what I was thinking. I'll definitely have to replace the filters and most likely the bearings.

I bought mine in a similar situation. A friend who is a professional cabinet maker was moving to a new (larger) shop and was upgrading from a 3hp to a 5hp Oneida cyclone. He offered me his old one for $1000.

At the time I was building my new shop so I'd been looking at buying a new one so this seemed like a good deal. I know it had a lot of use but he was always good with his equipment and maintained things well. The large pleated filter was in good shape. The fact that it had seen a lot of use gave me a little pause but it also gave me a little confidence knowing that compared to how much he used it my usage would seem like a walk in the park.

That was about 7 years ago and it's still working fine. I'm glad I bought it. I probably wouldn't have sprung for a new dust collector that was equivalent to this one. As a bonus, after I helped him run ducting for his new one, he gave me all the extra spiral ducting and fittings, which was more than enough to do my shop.

Alan

Nothing to a DC. Even one used all day every day is worth at least half of new. Sorry, a 25% offer would not get a response from me.

I ended up purchasing the used Oneida dust collector alluded to in my original post. It hadn't received much use so I'll probably skip replacing the motor bearings for now. The same with the 62" long filter that seems in good shape. I will however clean the filter with compressed air and hose it down with water as recommended in the owners manual. My duct layout will change somewhat from original plans with an initial run of 8" instead of 6". The inlet at the DC is 8". I also plan to locate the DC outside in a separate enclosure or at least with a cover and have it exhaust outside or inside with the filter by means of some type of diverter. This should be a HUGE improvement and upgrade from my Powermatic dust collector, which despite the hassle of running and tripping over flexible hoses has worked quite well.

Congratulations! Hope it works good for you.