Thread: Anti-algae water additives - what's your favorite?

Anti-algae water additives - what's your favorite?

I'm running chillers with my laser tubes with approximately 2 gallon water capacity. We currently use distilled water in them and I've used bleach in the past, but is there a better additive to keep algae from growing? Thanks!
    24"x32" DIY 80w CO2 Laser Cutter : 2 Lightobject 1800x1200mm 130w CO2 laser cutters : 150W Lightobject 2500x1400mm laser table
    Currently using Coreldraw X7, Adobe Illustrator CS6, LaserCAD, Solidworks 2013 for design.

I've been using about a table spoon of Clorox in a 5 gal bucket for over 2 years, no problems with algae I check the level every couple weeks with pool test strips and add more Clorox if its needed.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I use antifreeze, and i bet that there is something in the anti freeze that inhibits growth. They do make a anti algae product for hot tubs. Maybe that would work. When my laser arrived, it had junk in the water system including bugs which i could see swimming down the length of the tubes. Maybe they used river water for their "testing".

M
    shenhui 900x1200 dual tubes 150 & 60