Thread: Invicta Delta jointer ID HELP?

Invicta Delta jointer ID HELP?

A friend of mine has had a relative pass away and is in the process of his elping clean out his old wood shop. He sent me one picture of this jointer, he hasn't gotten me a model number yet. But I'm hoping to have a look at it soon. In the mean time I wanted to see if anyone had any info or knowledge of this machine? It looks like it has a molding cutter on it, but I'm not certain. Any help would be great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Prince Edward Island, Canada's Ocean Playground
    Looks like a DJ20 Invicta, Brazilian made, nice 8" jointer, long bed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Erik

Canada's Atlantic Paradise - Prince Edward Island

What Eric said... It looks like the fence is pushed all the way across the table and the picture is from the back side of the jointer.

That is a picture of the rear of a Delta DJ20 (or clone) The fence is all the way forward completely covering the head. They are very nice jointers. There should be two handles coming from the jointer body, one on each end just under the tables. They are used to adjust the bed height. I dont see those handles in the picture, however the high picture angle may hide them from sight.
    Frankie

I have a great Border Collie, she just can't hold her licker!

You will want to check, but the Brazilian castings and table grinding were generally a little better than the later Taiwan machines which in turn were a little better than the later Chinese machines, so it has potential. Dave

I figured out later that it was backwards. I got a good laugh at myself after the fact. Hopefully I'll be going this weekend to have a look see at it.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    The tag says Invicta/Delta so with a little TLC you may have a very nice machine.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Looks just like mine with a couple exceptions. Mine has mobile base and the wiring has been replaced with a control box (could it be starting system for motor) where the white wires are capped with wire nuts on the left side of your picture. I think I paid between $850 and $900 a few years ago which included several sets of blades including one carbide set. I like the jointer a lot and it is easy to adjust the tables to make them parallel if necessary. The drive belt between the motor and cutter was offset so I turned the motor pulley flange around on the motor to line up the pulleys and belt.