Thread: Need help

Need help

I bought a 60 watt laser when I recieved the packaged hooked everything up. Then I looked at the 24 volt lower supply to make sure it was on 110 then everything worked and shut off I went through the machine turns out the 24v power pack was on 220 they had the directions wrong. Anyway my question is can I just replace the power supply or is all the electrical components toast?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Moses View Post
    I bought a 60 watt laser when I recieved the packaged hooked everything up. Then I looked at the 24 volt lower supply to make sure it was on 110 then everything worked and shut off I went through the machine turns out the 24v power pack was on 220 they had the directions wrong. Anyway my question is can I just replace the power supply or is all the electrical components toast?
    So the machine has a 120 VAC plug and power supply was set for 220, you plugged it in to 120? A 220 volt PS on 120 volts would just have low output and not work. Nothing burnt up, if it was the other way around it would be bad news.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    So the machine has a 120 VAC plug and power supply was set for 220, you plugged it in to 120? A 220 volt PS on 120 volts would just have low output and not work. Nothing burnt up, if it was the other way around it would be bad news.
    Ok then I switched it to 110 and nothing turned on after that what do you think that could be? Thank you for responding

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Moses View Post
    Ok then I switched it to 110 and nothing turned on after that what do you think that could be? Thank you for responding
    I would check your Owners Manual first and then a phone call to the people you purchased from. No brand name , no model number listed and it could be anything. Do you have a meter?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

You may get more people reading your post if you use a more descriptive title.

Then I looked at the 24 volt lower supply to make sure it was on 110 then everything worked and shut off I went through the machine turns out the 24v power pack was on 220 they had the directions wrong.
    If you are saying that the machine turned on and was functional for a short time, then shut down on its own - then I would suspect a blown fuse.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

I checked the ones I could find there good unless I would be missing where to check its a cheap Chinese laser I am new but thanks I will change the title thank you if you guys have any ideas i d appreciate it thanks

Some machines have a fuse on the socket where the power comes into the laser. You may need to unplug power cord from laser to see it. Hope this helps.