Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacing Lathe Spindle Bearings

you can always use a nut over the threads and a big brass mallet or maybe a deadblow , when I did mine it was on there pretty good when reassembled used some grease on all the surfaces inner and outer.

Use allthread through the spindle and wood blocks to pull the spindle out and back in for a bearing change or if you have to change the belt. Makes the job much easier on a Powermatic Lathe with the double bearings. I can't locate the photo's right now.

Does anyone realize that this thread is over 2 years old??

Well as long as the info is still correct on the subject, it shouldn't make any difference how old the posting is.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post
    Does anyone realize that this thread is over 2 years old??

Quote Originally Posted by Len Mullin View Post
    Well as long as the info is still correct on the subject, it shouldn't make any difference how old the posting is.
    I would figure that the OP has it handled and doesn't really need any more help at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post
    I would figure that the OP has it handled and doesn't really need any more help at this point...
    There was a new post about a Grizzly lathe from a few days ago. That's what people are answering.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post
    There was a new post about a Grizzly lathe from a few days ago. That's what people are answering.
    OK......... puzzling why they would answer a Grizzly thread in a Jet thread???