Thread: ADA plugin not installing

ADA plugin not installing

Longtime lurker here on the forum and I am in need of some help that I could not find the answer too already.

I am trying to get the ADA plugin to work.

I consider myself computer competent so I think it may just be a windows/corel version issue.

Here is my issue:

I successfully download the setup file.
    When I open it or try to run it, my file explorer window freezes and will not unfreeze unless I end that task in the task manager.
    There are no popup windows or anything that happens.

I am running Windows 10 with Corel X7 64 bit.

Is there any way I can manually load the braille.gms file into Corel?

Am I doing something wrong?

I have a job that we just bid and contracted that I would like to make in house this time as opposed to paying an outside company. So time is of the essence here.

Thanks a bunch for looking at this and helping me out.

Douglas,

I sent Aaron Koehl an email with a link to this thread. Aaron is the author of the Corel Draw Braille Script, he is on vacation in Florida but he should respond to your request ASAP.

Douglas,

It appears I will need to compile the setup script to be compatible with Windows 10 due to changes in their installation procedure. The earliest I can do this is Sunday, and assuming no problems, I will upload a new version.

Aaron
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Thank you for being responsive with this Aaron. Let me know when this works. I figured it was something like this. I hope you are enjoying Florida...I am located in Alachua in North Central Florida about 30 minutes from Gainesville.

Thanks a lot Keith!

Douglas,

The weather was fantastic, and we had a great time. The setup file has been recompiled, so please download and run the installer again. (I have not yet tested on Windows 10, so it is possible there are other issues. I am aware of some other compatibility issues which may affect a small number of users, but I will address these at a later time.) If you have any trouble, let me know and I will do what it takes to get you up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Hancock View Post
    Thank you for being responsive with this Aaron. Let me know when this works. I figured it was something like this. I hope you are enjoying Florida...I am located in Alachua in North Central Florida about 30 minutes from Gainesville.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Aaron,

I downloaded it again and tried to run it and it is behaving the same as before.

Okay....so I thought of a solution. My CNC is driven by a Windows 7 machine so I loaded my Corel X7 on there and then ran the setup. It loaded fine on there. I copied the GMS file and installed into my Windows 10 design station and it works! Well almost....the toolbox part wont load but the other macro is so I can at least get this braille thing happening. It seams easy enough. Let me know if there is anyways to get the toolbox thing working.