Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie: which router table and lift?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Groenke View Post
    I would strongly suggest that NOBODY buy the BenchDog ProLift. The acme threads for elevation adjustment cast into the aluminum housing fail over time. Ours failed three times, the first time BenchDog/Rockler replaced the parts, the second time they sold us the parts, the third time I replaced with an Incra Mast-R-Lift. This is with a PC 7518 motor under a BenchDog cast iron top.

Attachment 333063 Attachment 333064 Attachment 333065
    Good to know. Aluminum is not a good long term wear surface unless properly lubricated and preferably hard anodized.
    Thanks!

After having built and used a wide variety of setups over the years I now have a combo that works very well for me. Master Lift ll, Incra Clean Sweep inserts (these are expensive but really good), Incra Positioner, PC 7518 all mounted in my TS extension. Cannot imagine being happier unless I really expand my shop and have significantly more room.

IMG_0496.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Groenke View Post
    I would strongly suggest that NOBODY buy the BenchDog ProLift. The acme threads for elevation adjustment cast into the aluminum housing fail over time. Ours failed three times, the first time BenchDog/Rockler replaced the parts, the second time they sold us the parts, the third time I replaced with an Incra Mast-R-Lift. This is with a PC 7518 motor under a BenchDog cast iron top.
    The Bench Dog used to be cast iron.

You don't need a lift if you get the Sommerfeld Router Table system. Watch his videos on YouTube. I have had the system for two years now and love it every time I use it. It is far superior to my previous router setups. My neighbor saw the system and bought his own. My log furniture buddies saw my system and bought their own. It is a very well thought out system.

Hey all,
    Hate to revive a (2yr) old thread, but it seemed the most relevant to my question. Fairly certain I'm going to build my own router table and add Incra's LS super system to it. As far a router lift, people clearly like the Incra/JessEm Mast-R-lift II. Before I cut the hole in the table top...has anyone tried the Rockler Pro Lift with the "pop-out" rings? It would seem it's nearly the same thing as the JessEm/Inca lift, but has the ability to lift faster with the extra gear. I welcome thoughts and opinions on the two setups. Thanks.