Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bandsaw question

Reed, Looking forward to seeing what you do for a table on the right side. I have thought of doing that and supporting it with legs from the floor. For one blank I just sawed to the middle of a 3/4 inch plywood and clamped the left edge to the table. Not well balanced and a little loose on my 12 inch saw, but helped hold the blank.

Well, thoughts have been around a one piece that will fit around 3 sides of the table, and covered with formica/laminate for ease of slicing wet wood across, or maybe a 2 piece as in out feed, and side table. If my saw wasn't up on wheels, it would be easy to have a permanent station and built up table. Need to have some thing portable. Probably have to build about 5 versions before I get it right. Any ideas from the rest of you all out there?? Probably another thread in the future...

robo hippy

Quote Originally Posted by John Grace View Post
    I'd love to swap-out my Grizzly's OEM guide set for the Carter version but unfortunately Carter doesn't make a kit for my saw...only their universal one. I'm just not a big fan of anything that says 'universal' on it...they do most things sort of OK but nothing in particularly well.
    I'm with you John. I much preferred the block guides on my 14" Delta over the bearing guides on my 19" Grizzly. Would love to find a Carter set that would fit.

Reed and others, I am not sure how much help this is but here is a bad shot of my extensions. I just used some plywood I had laying around and applied a finish to help the wood slide. I did have to cut out a slot for the right side to allow my log mill and other tools to run past the edge of the table. At the back of the table groove on the left side I cut a small hole to allow me to get dust out of the groove.
    My saw is located next to a work table which allowed me to rest it on that and in addition I use a bench vise to clamp the whole thing in place. the corner at the right front side has a small section of angle aluminim that I screwed to that table to allow the extension to rest on it.
    Table ext.jpg
    If anyone is interested in more photos I could take some today and post later.
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

Nice Pete! That would make a good short clip on You Tube, or an article for the AAW Magazine or More Woodturning. Half the reason for posting here, at least for me is to see how others solve problems I have, well, we all have to greater or lesser degrees.

robo hippy