Thread: Adding Dust Collection to my Rigid contractors table saw. Bottom and top.

Adding Dust Collection to my Rigid contractors table saw. Bottom and top.

About a week and half ago I stumbled upon a Oneida 2HP cyclone DC on Craigslist. A smoking deal. Got the DC and a bunch of pipe and hose, gates and what not. So started getting this beast installed and hooked up and the pipe run.

One of the big jobs was/is my Rigid TS3650 contractors table saw. So I started with the bottom. Cut the frame out of 1/2 plywood. Then added the slope and a extraction hole. After the frame was in, the box was installed. Everything has been caulked. I have a 6" port out the back that is necked down to a 3 foot piece of 5" flex hose, then back up to the 6" main line.

now on to the top.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Been racking my brain on the top for a couple days. had it in my head to use some 3" flex hose that came with the setup. Not a lot of 3" pipe around to use to tie into the top guard. finally last night it dawned on my, In all the parts and pieces I got there was some 4" flex hose and a 4" to a 2 1/2" adapter. So using these two items I designed a box that will be attached to the plastic guard....have a laser engraver can sometimes really be handy. got it cut out this evening and glued together. Saturday I'll start cutting on the plastic guard and attach my acrylic box.

Next, covering the back of the saw.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doug Kircher; 02-27-2016 at 2:30 AM.

Doug, years ago I made a similar collection head for the Excalibur overarm guard I was using with the cabinet saw I then owned using similar material you show. It worked just fine. If I recall, I had either a 2.5" or 3" hose connection to that overarm collector and used a standard black plastic fitting from a woodworking store to adapt the hose to it. I used MEK to bond the Lexan together and it essentially became one single piece of Lexan.

Congrats on the Oneida score! I run a 2hp "Commercial" and it does a great job in my shop.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...