Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Veritas new Small Plow Plane

My plane returned home yesterday with the beading modification and improved depth stop! I made a few 1/4" beads and it worked perfectly. I will try out the 1/8" bead tonight. Very cool to get extra functionality out of this plane without having to buy a whole new plane. Quite painless from my end given the logistics of it. Thanks Rob!

Blog Entries
    I'll be speaking with our export manager today about progress with the process...and will pass along an update.
    Doing the right thing isn't always an easy proposition.

It might be easier to take the machining work out to world than to figure out how to get the work of the world in to the machining.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    I wish you guys would stop posting about the small plow plane. If you don't, it's going to cost me money and I already have a woody.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    I wish you guys would stop posting about the small plow plane. If you don't, it's going to cost me money and I already have a woody.
    While I love my vintage Baily style planes, the new specialty planes are utterly wonderful. I want this and the new Walker Moore router plane they were showing off at the Lie Nielson Tool event in Kentucky...

I'll be putting mine in the mail tomorrow AM, looking forward to trying out those beaders!

I also included a couple thick aromatic Spanish Cedar shavings for good measure

Brian
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

Blog Entries
    Mine is packed for mailing tomorrow. Brian and I will race.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post

Man, hand tools REALLY get you excited, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Speers View Post
    Man, hand tools REALLY get you excited, huh?
    You beat me to it. "Is that a plow plane in your pocket or...?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pixley View Post
    That really isn't fair Shawn, I'm already 3 hours ahead of you......
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

I dropped mine in the mail two weeks ago today. Got the beading cutterswith the shipping package. Hope to see the plane soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pixley View Post
    Mine just arrived

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hale View Post
    Mine just arrived
    Good for you! You're the winner. I am still waiting for mine. The problem of living on the left coast.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

I got mine back last Friday and it's still out on my bench...just too much fun to put away right now. The improved depth stop is really great. I did have problems with the original stop but I chalked it up to operator error and tried to alter my method so as not to bare down so much. This new stop is solid as can be....and I enjoy not having to be delicate with it...Thanks, Rob! The beaders are great! This will really improve the visual quality of my projects. Wish I'd had this capability long ago.

Don

I really surprised there weren't ten Me Me Me's out there

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hart View Post
    I really surprised there weren't ten Me Me Me's out there
    I think there were. It is my understanding the plane will be sent around to each person who wants to try it and post their impressions. Not sure when it is all supposed to start.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)