Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walnut Restaurant table tops

John,

I have used the GF's EnduroVar. I'll take the Kem-Aqua over it every time... Don't get me wrong; GF's EnduroVar is a great product.

There is a special reducer for the Kem-Aqua that I use... you not supposed to thin it with water... I still have almost a gallon of the reducer you only use an oz. or so.

I have not found another product I like better than the Kem-Aqua Plus. It's amazing stuff.
    Scott

Finishing is an 'Art & a Science'. Actually, it is a process. You must understand the properties and tendencies of the finish you are using. You must know the proper steps and techniques, then you must execute them properly.

I'm sure the Kem Aqua is great stuff, Scott. The problem is it's not sold in less than 5 gal quantities. Doesn't matter how good it is if you don't use that much within a year.

John

If you have a SW Chemical Coating location near by, they may put it in specially lined 1 gallon cans if you ask nicely or if they have a damaged 5 gallon can; they did that for me one time.

I blew through 18 gallons in one year... I still have some left from a few years ago... I poured it into a smaller containers and it still works like new. It's a typical 3 mil wet coat schedule that really levels out nicely; I had several coats that year that didn't even need any touch-up with fine grit before the next coat.

Good luck, let me know, when you try it.
    Scott

Finishing is an 'Art & a Science'. Actually, it is a process. You must understand the properties and tendencies of the finish you are using. You must know the proper steps and techniques, then you must execute them properly.

Scott, you're saying the shelf life is several years? If that's the case, I'm all in. There's no SW Chemical Coating location near me that I'm aware of, but I should be able to order the 5 gal pail through my local SW's store. They've helped me out before with a couple of special requests. What's your favorite flavor, the dull rubbed? My normal preference is satin or flat.

John